Tube 'n Worm - Leadcore or Egg Sinker

Rate this topic

brandon7711

I always made my own tubes and weighted them with 3/8-3/4 of lead, but the majority of my fishing was 10’ or less. I had luck with gulp swimming mullet in lieu of sandies. If your tube is open doesn’t hurt to squeeze some attractant in there!

7B59138C-DA72-4272-B76A-D42A63029D98.png

Tis better to remain silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

13 hours ago, clammer said:

I,ve seen guys use other trailers & they work ……… But going back to when we fished the tube , if you didn,t have your whole rig setup [just right] you may have caught a fish or two ………...but nothing like what was there & if you where fishing where you were trying to pull a fish a two out of a place the guy with something would get nothing.

That being said . about 7-.8 years ago we were going out front to sling eels on the reef , etc . the guy with me brought a two tube setups  & asked if we could try them before dark .    we setup on a ledge & he had somekind of scented worms ……….  we caught fish .all bluefish .did that mean  only bluefish were there or were there bass , but didn,t like these setups ///

& in my earlier post  when I said I wouldn,t fish them because of the amount of bottomfish ,,,add sea robins ,I,m sticking with that . there are so many of each species around . we are catching them by mistake on evey lure in reason & the same with bait ,I have seen a few sea bass caught of eels  .. again that was just my opinion / based on past experience ><

Other trailers work, probably not as good as sandworms though. This was on a tube and otter tail. It was a charter on the otter though. Captain Bruce puts an otter tail on everything. We were using lead line trolling in LIS.

20170717_190243.jpg