camden diocese released priests names

Rate this topic

coolhandfluke

I know a lot of guys in here know way more about all of this than someone from the faith that has been following this, but how come no one mentions the Protestant churches that have a higher record of these instances? Or Hollywood? Or dentists and doctors? 

Just something to chew on- the Catholic Church is one universal organization. Has been for almost two thousand years. Protestant churches are each individual organizations even if they fall under the same label as another (ie Baptist, Pentecostal, etc). The only thing that can wrap them all under one umbrella are the 4 main insurance companies that insure them. A recent stat shows that, on average every year, there are over 200 cases of sexual assault accusations across them. Every year. My point here is to not only shed a little light on what isn’t discussed because they pose no threat to any progressive movements, but to urge people that think they know everything to read a book. What’s been going on in the Church is horrible, inexcusable and the men PROVEN GUILTY of sexual crimes should hang for it; under 12 twists, lowered slowly. Because it being America and all and the fact that not all of us are into the whole “believe all victims” garbage, that’s how it should be. 

4 mins ago, fishing pete said:

Cathlicks killed lots of people forcing their beliefs on them.

There are so many instances of misinformation out there that for me to agree with you I’d ask you to be more specific. Like in Ireland? When the Catholics were fighting the Protestants? That’s not a holy war nor is the Church’s doing. The crusades? Like the crusades that were in response to the Muslim hordes invading the Middle East and encroaching into the Holy Roman Empire? When they murdered thousands of Christians because in the Muslim religion you convert or die? Which one are you talking about 

21 mins ago, Firinne said:

It's disgusting and the church needs to change. Allowing married men and woman as priest is the next big change that needs to happen but probably not in my lifetime.

Ya never know, frats are starting to allow broads and boy scouts are opening their doors to girls, anything is possible!

Lobster Troll #23

I imagine it will happen one day out of necessity.  Can't imagine the enrollments at the local seminary are at all-time highs.  Seems to me like many local parishes are consolidating or at least merging rectories due to there being so few priests.  At some point if they want to keep this thing going, they are gonna have to huddle up and agree to change the rules they wrote 2000 years ago  

Lobster Troll #23

41 mins ago, fishing pete said:

Cathlicks killed lots of people forcing their beliefs on them.

hopefully mikemc is next 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

5 mins ago, fishinambition said:

Stunning amount of local priests were just named. A number way way way way too high to simply be coincidence. The catholic church is a rape mill.

LOL, yea sure.... 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

2 mins ago, Fly By Nite said:

There's 19 pages worth of names.  How is that possible?

19 pages but 25 priest were listed from the Camden diocese which is the only list I read.  24 are dead and 1 shows removed and he is the one from my church that my wife still goes to.

Fish come and go, but memories of fishing with family last forever.

58 mins ago, Firinne said:

I think you're okay with CCD because the kids don't get much alone time with any priest. That was the rote we went with our kids. Most often nuns or woman teachers teach the class. It was the alter boys that were alone at times with priest that were the usual victims. 

No doubt but I'm funding and perpetuating a kid toucher cult. 

26 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

19 pages but 25 priest were listed from the Camden diocese which is the only list I read.  24 are dead and 1 shows removed and he is the one from my church that my wife still goes to.

57 from Camden Diocese, 189 in NJ