JoeyZac

Gentlemen, Your 2019 New York Yankees

Rate this topic

197 posts in this topic

Just now, JoeyZac said:

It's a new year, but the same goal.

Yup, an early departure from the playoffs at the hands of the Boston Red Sox.     :p

1 hour ago, Gotcow? said:

Yup, an early departure from the playoffs at the hands of the Boston Red Sox.     :p

Well, that could certainly be the end "result," but it certainly is not the "goal."

I think Vegas has The Bronx Bombers favored to win the World Series at this point?

1 hour ago, JoeyZac said:

Probably based on the fact that they have more talent than any other team?

Do they?

They seem to be deficient in their manager.

58 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Do they?

They seem to be deficient in their manager.

You tell me right now that the biggest weakness my team has is the manager, and I'm all in.

My catcher is coming off a terrible season.

My 1B is a short career of nothing but injury and unrealized potential.

My 2B is a sophmore.

My SS is on the DL

My 3B is a sophmore.

My DH is King Kong when it comes to contract size and Ks.

My rotation is "ok" at best.

Yeah, how Boone is going to manage is what I'm worried about.  OK.

Just now, JoeyZac said:

You tell me right now that the biggest weakness my team has is the manager, and I'm all in.

My catcher is coming off a terrible season.

My 1B is a short career of nothing but injury and unrealized potential.

My 2B is a sophmore.

My SS is on the DL

My 3B is a sophmore.

My DH is King Kong when it comes to contract size and Ks.

My rotation is "ok" at best.

Yeah, how Boone is going to manage is what I'm worried about.  OK.

Talent that can easily be squandered by poor managerial on field in game decisions.

Do that a couple times during the season and you just might find your team on the outside looking in come playoff time.

45 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Talent that can easily be squandered by poor managerial on field in game decisions.

Do that a couple times during the season and you just might find your team on the outside looking in come playoff time.

Like I said, if you tell me that my biggest problem this year is going to be that Boone will make a couple of bad decisions that will cost me a couple games, sign me up right now.

And I say that because if that is the biggest problem we have this year, we'll win 120 games.

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 hours ago, Joe said:

Is Boone allowed to do anything other change bring in a relief pitcher & sign the lineup card?

He can accord Stanton Gatorade when summoned.  And he should also figure out a really cool BUNT sign.  The Yanks need to learn to manufacture runs against the best pitchers.  Long ball doesn't cut it in the post season.  1,000 HR's in the regular season is for show.  More runs than the opposition after 9 innings is what counts when the money is on the line.

Edited by Jettyhound

31 mins ago, Jettyhound said:

He can accord Stanton Gatorade when summoned.  And he should also figure out a really cool BUNT sign.  The Yanks need to learn to manufacture runs against the best pitchers.  Long ball doesn't cut it in the post season.  1,000 HR's in the regular season is for show.  More runs than the opposition after 9 innings is what counts when the money is on the line.

Yep - a few of us have been saying that for a couple of years. Last 2 WS winners did just that.

Geeziz, now Fatty-Bat-Fatty (CC) announces he'll retire AFTER this season.  The guy has had about 6 or 7 good years out of at least 15 seasons - 3 good ones with NYY (Yay!)-  and now we have to listen to how great a player he was from now til Oct.  Argh... Yanks fans will probably be begging him to retire/clean-out-his-locker by May -if he's even pitching by then.