California Bullet Train Failure

Rate this topic

Buckscorider

They said they were going after ammo...choo choo trains included.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

I'm not sure what makes politicians think they can build great things.  Those days ended a long time ago.  

NY and Nj cant even get a train from nj to NY in one piece and on time.

My plain old crappy slow commuter train is late all the time.  On time is the exception.  

Hitler got the trains to arrive on time a lifetime ago with coal powered heaps.  

It was a 77 BILLION dollar project.

I know they were asking for more federal money to waste. 

Maybe just focus on fixing San Francisco or put the money into the illegal alien defense fund?

Golden State: California's bullet train project, also known as Jerry Brown's Folly, has turned into a fiscal nightmare for the Golden State. Not only are the cost estimates soaring, but the time table has once more been shifted back. Based on current estimates, it may turn out to be the biggest fraud in the history of public works.

Crushed barbs save fish, keep that rod bent! 

Jets are better.  Ive been on trains AND ive been on jets.  Jets are way better.

I made a lot of money by using jets.

Last fall I used jets to fly between two events running at the same time.  If it was trains, I couldnt do that.  Might have upset a customer to not see my face.

6 mins ago, hamlet said:

we could get many miles of wall for that train

Actually we could have just stacked up the money they blew and used that.  You glue it down so the bad hombres dont get it

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

Knowing the great state of CT I'm sure they will come up with some $70Billion commutation project (funded by the FEDS since CT is basically broke) to totally screw every taxpayer in the nation not just CT.

The CT DOT must be salivating as we speak - just think:

1.  A bus line from Greenwich to New Haven on Rt 1 (means adding 1 lane to each side)
  2. A second level to the Merritt Parkway
  3. A bridge to LI
  4. A bullet train to nowhere...

If they would just call it the Speedy train, or a cute name like Acela, I am sure the idea would sell better.

Bullet train reminds folks of evil guns, and has a negative connotation. The train needs a catchy new name, and maybe a sing along jingle too.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard