Reed422

The Future of Boy Scots

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

Some folks got very heated about this when it was being discussed by a troop my son is in. 

Now that the Mormons are no longer $upporting the scouts they are looking to bring them together and cash in on that cookie cash 

16 mins ago, spiegs71 said:

Some folks got very heated about this when it was being discussed by a troop my son is in. 

Now that the Mormons are no longer $upporting the scouts they are looking to bring them together and cash in on that cookie cash 

Yep...look for the Mormons to create a youth leadership program that better aligns to their values. They were huge to BSA. 

Just now, saltydawg said:

Yep...look for the Mormons to create a youth leadership program that better aligns to their values. They were huge to BSA. 

Indeed they were 

with pending lawsuits and losing their support the costs for our troop are going to rise quickly.

insurance alone for the Troops in our area has skyrocketed 

dont like the long term prospects - I wonder if they will start to sell off some of their land / camps to make ends meet 

The first unfortunate incident with a scoutmaster and a little girl will be the complete undoing of the BSA, Scouts... or whatever we have to call them now.

The boy scouts was a place where fathers could have some time with their sons along with other fathers and sons. We need more of this today especially when you consider the issue with single motherhood. Even the boys who don't have fathers are having father figure leaders in their troops help them.

This whole thing is just sickening

1 min ago, EricJ said:

The first unfortunate incident with a scoutmaster and a little girl will be the complete undoing of the BSA, Scouts... or whatever we have to call them now.

The boy scouts was a place where fathers could have some time with their sons along with other fathers and sons. We need more of this today especially when you consider the issue with single motherhood. Even the boys who don't have fathers are having father figure leaders in their troops help them.

This whole thing is just sickening

I guess but I'm sure they bang boys too. This world is a **** show. Quick google search says 2000+ cases pre 1994. People suck.