Access bill committee vote is this Thursday !! Contact your legislator...

Rate this topic

Sudsy

EDIT - Thursday 12:22 - The weasels who are owned by the lobbys have added amendments we do not agree with. Let your representative know you agree with the new rules but WITHOUT the amendments

(From a message From the Littoral Society who are there now)

The amendment proposal narrows when the DEP must assess and require additional public access, making it discretionary in significant instances.

It narrows the Department’s role in ensuring that public monies are spent consistent with the public trust doctrine.

It undermines the agreed upon policy of requiring additional or new access when there is a change in use along the waterfront or a change in the footprint of existing development,

and it creates loopholes that would allow significant development to be exempted from providing public access, particularly along urban waterfronts.

Call, e-mail.......... tell them to back Assembly Bill A.4221 and Senate Bill S.1074 !!!!

These are the bills that will protect public access to tidal waterfronts for bathing, swimming, fishing, and other shore-related activities. Without this being passed we have no way to fight the towns that are trying to limit our access.

Find your legislator here : 

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/districts/districtnumbers.asp#13

Or do it through the Surfrider Foundations action page : 

https://secured.surfrider.org/action/engagement?actionId=AR0016202&id=701i00000018YoU&fbclid=IwAR2D_lccAD_LjJpg6keWBB2nf3BCubWf0Fb-p0jvUc7qAZyqHa2QtoE7zk0

Edited by Sudsy

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

I hope to God that more of you than just Bunkerhead have made the call !!

If this doesn't pass then we can kiss at least half of the backwater spots goodbye and it will give many of the beachfront towns the impetus to make it even harder than it is to get down to the beach

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Called - thanks Sudsy! 

It's a great bill that will significantly fortify the Public Trust Doctrine!

Everyone should call or write - it only takes a minute and Sudsy made it ridiculously easy.  No excuses people!!!

Just b/c you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD....
(what you do DOES make a difference - be accountable)
BigWave Dave

Thursday 2/14 - Committee meeting is at 2 PM today MAKE THOSE CALLS !!!!

Edited by Sudsy