Found a Job Today

Rate this topic

fishinambition

1 hour ago, JaseB said:

You get assessed more if classified as a farm?  Opposite here.   If you have 5 acres and not enough to farm your taxes are higher than if you have 15 and run cattle on it.

15 mins ago, fishinambition said:

Assessed less, so people pay more to acquire cuz taxes here are so bad.

Chris knows this, but only assessed less on the land that is actually "farm".  Still pay full taxes on some land and the house.

Rich guys here with 5 acres on the Navesink do the beekeeping or christmas trees thing.  They are still paying over a quarter mil or so in property taxes though...everyone thinks they pay nothing.

12 hours ago, fishinambition said:

Im just months from being out of this county. No more bar around the corner. No more sirens every few hours. No more a lotta stuff I dont have the energy to complain about. Not crazy about having a septic system and a propane stove but eh.

Congrats on all the good news buddy, I wish you the best. S*ly

20 mins ago, Tom T said:

Chris knows this, but only assessed less on the land that is actually "farm".  Still pay full taxes on some land and the house.

Rich guys here with 5 acres on the Navesink do the beekeeping or christmas trees thing.  They are still paying over a quarter mil or so in property taxes though...everyone thinks they pay nothing.

You get the full value assessment for us on the first 1 acre per parcel and all improvements.   I'm a tree farmer!

"all of jase's posts are valid." -Otter

28 mins ago, Tom T said:

Congrats ambition, hope it works out.  

Or you actually move.

Or take the job.

The house hunt is taking long. Really long. It's been fun though. I feel bad that Im so picky that rather than run an agent ragged Im just getting my own license. And I can use the commission for an outdoor oven.

12 mins ago, JaseB said:

You get the full value assessment for us on the first 1 acre per parcel and all improvements.   I'm a tree farmer!

Not too different from here. The properties ive looked at with 5+ had class 2 taxes on less than an acre, but not much.

Another issue i have with the larger parcels is even when theyre not actual farms, they have huge pole barns and other stuff Im not interested in maintaining or demolishing. I just want a good sized detached garage, she wants attached. I warned her she'll regret that when I get the air tools fired up.

I am walking the back half of my property with a forester next week.  Guy behind me is doing a big cut and I told him I might be interested in cutting a bit off me while they are there with the equipment next door.   Main motivation is to open up about 5 acres or so for food plots for deer hunting.  Paying off the truck would be an added bonus.

How is that taxed?  Long term Cap gains?:headscratch:  I should know that, just haven't thought about it.

"all of jase's posts are valid." -Otter

19 mins ago, fishinambition said:

The house hunt is taking long. Really long. It's been fun though. I feel bad that Im so picky that rather than run an agent ragged Im just getting my own license. And I can use the commission for an outdoor oven.

I had my real estate license back in 1980, was a long test (4 hours) if I recall right. Bad timing on my part, interest rates were 18% at the time.

"Candide et constanter"