JTF

March Surf Fishing Southeast

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

After months of flux, about to finish up some family work. I am free to travel to FL, Jupiter area. I am shore bound and know the beaches enough to get around. What might be expected surf fishing that month, are the weeds still in the water?

Weeds will depend on winds. Several days of easterlies could gunk up beach with sargassum like it was on Sunday. 

Jacks, bluefish, Spanish macs and snook should all be around off the sand. 

I don’t know enough about pompano to opine. 

Black tips might still be around but that will depend on water temps. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

About like here at OBX but less grass here. Plan to fly to Orlando cheapo flight, go south and pick up shipped tackle, fish a while and head northwest to scout Yankeetown and Steinhatchee. Don't plan to bait fish to keep the rental clean and don't have a surf cart...yet.

There is a machine shop in Hobe Sound that has a peach of a cart.  And it will work hard home on the farm too.

https://www.alumacart.net/  Bimini Beach Cart

Edited by JTF

4 mins ago, JTF said:

About like here at OBX but less grass here. Plan to fly to Orlando cheapo flight, go south and pick up shipped tackle, fish a while and head northwest to scout Yankeetown and Steinhatchee. Don't plan to bait fish to keep the rental clean and don't have a surf cart...yet. There is a machine shop in Hobe Sound that has a peach of a cart.  

https://www.alumacart.net/

That Big Kahuna is big expensive. The FishNMate large goes for half that or less. 

I want the Bimini with two balloon tires. My retired teacher friend in Tequesta went by last week to check, maybe leave it there for future excursions. They ought to discount for local pickup as they offer "free shipping."

I have to agree with Tomkaz on this one.... Go to Amazon then do a search on "Fish-N-Mate 310 Lg Cart with Poly wheels.. it comes with Bigger wheels and the price tag $275 with free delivery... I have one but added the front wheel so i can use it on piers..

Posted (edited) · Report post

59 mins ago, Drako said:

I have to agree with Tomkaz on this one.... Go to Amazon then do a search on "Fish-N-Mate 310 Lg Cart with Poly wheels.. it comes with Bigger wheels and the price tag $275 with free delivery... I have one but added the front wheel so i can use it on piers..

Yeah, and I would compare weights "out of the box". The FishNMate can be easily lifted with one hand. 

ETA: FishNMate 34#, Bimini 37# so it’s a push. 

Edited by tomkaz

40 mins ago, SallyGrowler said:

this wind sucks. Lots of weeds and portuguese man o' war washing up.

In the eye of the beholder?

Or making photographic lemonade with lemons that wash up?

549B6455-5D08-4364-826F-D7B8B761A44E.jpeg.377ccfb73d342cca09f5adea9d20ec8e.jpeg

C60FE274-D31C-4634-A567-C4785EE04ABF.jpeg.3029f0022c14f0d85a73c7c60e71fb39.jpeg