Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Angler #1

Mixing Oysters and Qouhogs

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, oldgoat said:

A1 Git a sauce pan and warm up(warm) some milk then add some(6,8,10) oysters to the milk.

When the oysters curdle along the edges -----serve!

I have a better idea, get in your truck and come on down and show my wife how it is done and you and I can eat them :howdy:

With all this chatter about oyster stew, I walked over to Whole Foods and picked up 6 Cotuit's.   It just so happens that WF has a Valentines Day oyster special..... Wellfleet and Cotuit oysters,  $1 a piece. 

Back home.....splash of Almond Milk, tab of butter, dash of pepper, oysters and their liquor, slowly warmed......DELISH. 

2 hours ago, Joe G said:

With all this chatter about oyster stew, I walked over to Whole Foods and picked up 6 Cotuit's.   It just so happens that WF has a Valentines Day oyster special..... Wellfleet and Cotuit oysters,  $1 a piece. 

Back home.....splash of Almond Milk, tab of butter, dash of pepper, oysters and their liquor, slowly warmed......DELISH. 

That sounds like a deal my friend

6 hours ago, Joe G said:

Fresh oysters and Valentine's Day. No doubt Lucy is being inflated as we speak.:heart:

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:52 PM, oldgoat said:

A1 Git a sauce pan and warm up(warm) some milk then add some(6,8,10) oysters to the milk.

When the oysters curdle along the edges -----serve!

Just warm milk and oysters? How much and how long to cook?

24 mins ago, Highlander1 said:

JUST LIKE A BABYS BOTTLE---WARM.

YA DON'T WANT IT TO CURDLE. tHEN PLACE IN SIX OR EIGHT OYSTERS AND SERVE AFTER THE OYSTER EDGES CURDLE.

SERVE WITH OYSTER CRACKERS.

1 hour ago, Highlander1 said:

It's not rocket science , warm some milk, add some oysters, when the oysters start to curl around the edges they are done, add a pat of butter if you like, serve and enjoy.

On 2/11/2019 at 9:39 PM, robc22 said:

Quahogs have a much stronger flavour in the chowder than oysters........Waste of oysters really..............

I think so too. 

6 hours ago, oldgoat said:

Joe G Is that almond milk a southie thing?

For real, never heard of it with sea food. Just saying.

All this talk about barnyard and methane gasses and the planets ozone layer got me to switch from cow's milk to an alternative drink.

I settled on almond "milk" after trying soy and rice "milk".

Just trying to do my part as a world citizen to save the planet, OG.