Nicky Da Fish

El Paso Rally

Rate this topic

127 posts in this topic

1 min ago, JoeyZac said:

Poking fun of the Left and provoking them?  Well, it got him elected in the first place.  Isn't that step one in advancing one's agenda?

He'll use the speech tonight to "try" rally support for his next move, which will either be a National Emergency or another shutdown.  Hell, maybe he's only doing it so he can float some ideas, get the polling afterwards, and use that to help decide which route he'll go.

I expect the majority of his speech will be a false narrative about the effectiveness of the El Paso wall in terms of crime prevention which is an out and out lie. There is a reason he's in El Paso, he could give his provoke the left speech anywhere.

1 min ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

I expect the majority of his speech will be a false narrative about the effectiveness of the El Paso wall in terms of crime prevention which is an out and out lie. 

How do you know?

1 min ago, JoeyZac said:

I'm not convinced "only by spouting lies."  I was convinced we need to put a slamming, brutal halt on all illegal immigration decades ago.

As for his lies, while I'd prefer he not lie about anything, I have come to understand that his chronic lying upsets the Left more than it does me, so I'm ok with it, as I take delight in the anguish of any Lefty.

If your not opposed to his lying then you are party to it.

2 mins ago, charloots said:

How do you know?

Just a guess but it seems with the negotiation deadline for his border wall coming up Friday, and El Paso being highlighted in his SOTU that it's a pretty educated guess.

33 mins ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

Why is Trump down there at all? Why not just keep quite and let Congress negotiate with out these stunts?

So you’re saying he should pass the old El Paso?

Just now, Nicky Da Fish said:

Just a guess but it seems with the negotiation deadline for his border wall coming up Friday, and El Paso being highlighted in his SOTU that it's a pretty educated guess.

Not what I asked. How do you know what he said about the crime rate is a lie? What do you know about EP?

5 mins ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

I expect the majority of his speech will be a false narrative about the effectiveness of the El Paso wall in terms of crime prevention which is an out and out lie. There is a reason he's in El Paso, he could give his provoke the left speech anywhere.

I think if he, or his people, were smart, they would go through improved efforts tonight to make sure that they had their facts about the wall and crime stats in El Paso.  He got that wrong in the SOTU Speech.  Doing it again would be a pretty bad blunder imo.

El Paso is a safe city with a wall.  I think that makes it a wonderful spot for a speech promoting a wall.

1 min ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

If your not opposed to his lying then you are party to it.

As already stated, I'd rather he didn't lie at all, ever.  But as it aggravates the Left more than it aggravates me, I'm not bothered by it in the end, much.  If that makes me party to it, well, ok.

2 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

As already stated, I'd rather he didn't lie at all, ever.  But as it aggravates the Left more than it aggravates me, I'm not bothered by it in the end, much.  If that makes me party to it, well, ok.

It absolutely does, if I made up a lie about someone on this board that you knew to be demonstrable false but didn't say anything you are complicit in the lie. It's the Emperor with no clothes.

2 mins ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

It absolutely does, if I made up a lie about someone on this board that you knew to be demonstrable false but didn't say anything you are complicit in the lie. It's the Emperor with no clothes.

That I don't agree with.  I am under no compulsion to get involved in someone else's misdeeds, and I absolutely have no "responsibility to deny."

For all I know, the liar is a doosh, the one being lied about is a doosh, and the two dooshes deserve one another.  I'm going to go about my business and not give a damn about either party.

11 mins ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

Our wall.

1 hour ago, JoeyZac said:

That I don't agree with.  I am under no compulsion to get involved in someone else's misdeeds, and I absolutely have no "responsibility to deny."

For all I know, the liar is a doosh, the one being lied about is a doosh, and the two dooshes deserve one another.  I'm going to go about my business and not give a damn about either party.

The view never changes with your head in the sand

8 mins ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

The view never changes with your head in the sand

I don't believe that analogy applies here.

It's probably more appropriate to call me a racist, hater, bigot, misogynist, Islamophobic, arachnophobic, or aquaphobic, whatever.