Nicky Da Fish

El Paso Rally

Rate this topic

127 posts in this topic

Will DJT try to use El Paso as an example of a border wall acting as an effective crime prevention tool? He laid that argument out in the SOTU and was shown to be blatantly lying, contradicted not only by FBI statistics but commentary from the Republican Mayor of El Paso himself. Now Beto is holding a counter rally that is coat tailing the attention Trump is bringing to El Paso. Why is Trump down there at all? Why not just keep quite and let Congress negotiate with out these stunts?

Quiet.

Keep quiet.

Trump is gonna Trump, and you guys will impotently cry about it.

He is troller in chief, and has you guys got hooked, and dragging.

8 mins ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

...............Why not just keep quite and let Congress negotiate with out these stunts?

Because Congress is doing a lousy job.

8 mins ago, dena said:

He either is trolling for a negative reaction,

OR

Democrats are unfairly mean to him due to TDS.

That mayor is full of crap. I have been to that 3rd-world hovel several times, ‘08 - ‘12-ish. The EP crime rate was low because people locked themselves in at night, too scared to venture out because of the scumbags swimming across the river. And the city was under virtual martial law, with all of the military and para-military personnel and vehicles. 

6 mins ago, dena said:

Quiet.

Keep quiet.

Trump is gonna Trump, and you guys will impotently cry about it.

Who's crying? I don't see how he can possibly make any credible gains in negotiations by holding this rally. At best it's red meat for the base, which is already convinced and even that will only be through spouting lies which I guess is fine with many of you? 

3 mins ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

His negotiating has thus far been rather lackluster.

I'm fine with it.  The only way he's going to get what he wants by negotiating is to give far more than he's giving.  I'd rather see no deal at this point, and then let him go the National Emergency route.

Just now, charloots said:

That mayor is full of crap. I have been to that 3rd-world hovel several times, ‘08 - ‘12-ish. The EP crime rate was low because people locked themselves in at night, too scared to venture out because of the scumbags swimming across the river. And the city was under virtual martial law, with all of the military and para-military personnel and vehicles. 

Strange, I thought the wall drastically reduced crime? It was erected 06-07?

1 min ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

Who's crying? I don't see how he can possibly make any credible gains in negotiations by holding this rally. At best it's red meat for the base, which is already convinced and even that will only be through spouting lies which I guess is fine with many of you? 

Why's Beto there ? Why's Warner going around the country ?

1 min ago, JoeyZac said:

I'm fine with it.  The only way he's going to get what he wants by negotiating is to give far more than he's giving.  I'd rather see no deal at this point, and then let him go the National Emergency route.

So you're fine with it but how does it advance his agenda?

3 mins ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

So were all good then rtight?  Ok.

1 min ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

So you're fine with it but how does it advance his agenda?

Poking fun of the Left and provoking them?  Well, it got him elected in the first place.  Isn't that step one in advancing one's agenda?

He'll use the speech tonight to "try" rally support for his next move, which will either be a National Emergency or another shutdown.  Hell, maybe he's only doing it so he can float some ideas, get the polling afterwards, and use that to help decide which route he'll go.

8 mins ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

...........At best it's red meat for the base, which is already convinced and even that will only be through spouting lies which I guess is fine with many of you? 

I'm not convinced "only by spouting lies."  I was convinced we need to put a slamming, brutal halt on all illegal immigration decades ago.

As for his lies, while I'd prefer he not lie about anything, I have come to understand that his chronic lying upsets the Left more than it does me, so I'm ok with it, as I take delight in the anguish of any Lefty.