JimG

Pulled over.. question on rights

Rate this topic

63 posts in this topic

So last night I took the family to dinner in sea bright.  I was driving my daughters car... because she was blocking everyone in the driveway.

Came over the sandy hook bridge in to the highlands and a highlands policeman pulls me over about a 1/4 mile past the bridge.

He tells me he pulled me over for failure to stay right.  So I told him the right lane is an exit only coming over the bridge and I had to be in the left lane.  He then says that one light over the license plate is out.  I told him I didn't even know that was a law.  Some cars done even have lights over the plates.

So he then says" well... really I just pulled you over to make sure you arent intoxicated". To which I respond... " is that right?"

Anyway.....  I wasnt.  Had a diet coke with dinner.  I didnt get any tickets and he was nice enough.  

And of course I didnt give him a hard time.  Just showed my license registration and insurance and I was on my way after he ran plates and my license.

But.. I was a little annoyed.  Did he confess to pulling me over without cause?

Just now, fish'nmagician said:

so?

It doesn't make a difference .. I know but I'm just trying to figure out his suspicions... 

It was bizarre.

1 min ago, JimG said:

Mostly no

And so just to be clear, you ARE sequestered in Democrat occupied New Jersey?

No probable cause to stop you Jim, total BS.

Halfway agree with Frank, driving is a privilege that has necessary requirements (unlike a true “right”) but the OUI checkpoints are nothing short of Fascist.

Not sure if you caught the “sovereign citizen” thread in the Tavern recently, it was pretty funny check it out.

1 min ago, Wigeon said:

Halfway agree with Frank, driving is a privilege that has necessary requirements (unlike a true “right”) but the OUI checkpoints are nothing short of Fascist.

I have no problem with a cruiser parked on the side of the road looking for impaired drivers,

but it should be based on swerving or speed or something tangible.