Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DoorGunner

Thank god I'm safe.

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

Was ready to walk out the door this morning when the Philly news made an announcement that after the commercial there was someone from some safety thing going to make an announcement. I sat back down. Woman comes on about the coating of snow we got and says. "make sure you clean off your windshield and drive carefully" Thank god I sat back down or it would have been screw the wipers and full speed ahead.   

Hey Fred, there's a gyrfalcon (seriously) that's been seen repeatedly perching on the osprey platform on the north end of Nummy Island. The birders have been all over it. Might want to swing up there to check it out -- I'd be all over it if I were closer.

I love it around here when they tell me its dangerously hot, drink lots of water and take pleanty of breaks, "heat index" in the 90s, 90s? Heat  Index oh my God no!!!!

Its ****ing hotlandistan for gods sake 90 isn't even getting hot yet :dismay:

4 hours ago, Belmo said:

Hey Fred, there's a gyrfalcon (seriously) that's been seen repeatedly perching on the osprey platform on the north end of Nummy Island. The birders have been all over it. Might want to swing up there to check it out -- I'd be all over it if I were closer.

Thanks Belmo, took a ride and easy to find. Six car with scopes and camera's enduring the sleet. Good distance off pic is heavily cropped.

IMG_3739 (2).JPG

IMG_3739 (3).JPG

6 mins ago, squidder 329 said:

Thanks Belmo, took a ride and easy to find. Six car with scopes and camera's enduring the sleet. Good distance off pic is heavily cropped.

Superb. :th:

10 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

Would you use a 22 mag.

ballistic tip, round nose or hollow point for that shot?

Some wacko from Jersey (Somers Point) went to prison -- seriously -- for shooting at hawks in his back yard. The feds evidently take the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1919 very seriously.

But you're welcome to try. :D

You guys hear about the Great Black Hawk incident up here?

First documented sighting of one in the US (native to Central and SA), well the second actually as the same bird was first spotted in South Padre Island in TX last April and it was next seen in Biddeford Maine last August.

Birders went nuts, they were coming from all over the country to see it. It was all over the news up here.

Whelp the dumb bastard liked it so much up here he never left. 

Some broad skiing found him flopping around in the snow in January after a nasty snowstorm.

He had frostbite on his toes and they thought they could save him but they couldn't, had to euthanize him a few weeks ago.

This was him, he liked are squirrels.

GBH.jpg

1 min ago, Belmo said:

Some wacko from Jersey (Somers Point) went to prison -- seriously -- for shooting at hawks in his back yard. The feds evidently take the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1919 very seriously.

But you're welcome to try. :D

My wifes mother actually asked me to come to her house and shoot the hawks because they were eating her birds.

Ummm no, I'm not shooting hawks. They eat more mice than cats.

Yea, there's a couple cats that need to be shot too

At this point I'm a little irritated. 

No I'm not shooting your ****ing hawks or your ****ing cats!