LeeSHF

DIY stripping basket belt

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

49 mins ago, LateralLineSider said:

Lee, when Hodgeman replaced a leaky pair of waders for me they sent an extra belt.  If you think it will do what you need PM me your details and I’ll throw it in the mail.  

1959EC4A-C184-4637-8CBE-DC392C54E204.jpeg

1A546BBD-A690-4496-8E4F-D8B387A72181.jpeg

Wow this is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! I’ll PM you now

Posted (edited) · Report post

Cman,

I impressed with your baskets interior lighting system.   I have a recommendation for your lighting system, apply some red nail polish to the lensed area of the lights so you become a bit more incognito. This is an old astronomy telescope trick that was used on flash lights to preserve your night vision.

Mini sound system is next , with a robo cam.

Regards,

FT

Edited by Fishin Technician

Cman, I picked up one of those stools that you made your stripping basket out of , it seemes small , I’ve made all my stripping baskets up to this point using plastic wash tubs , bungees , a few line seperators & I was good to go. How does the one you made work for you ? Thanks Bill J 

Posted (edited) · Report post

45 mins ago, oneeyewilly said:

Cman, I picked up one of those stools that you made your stripping basket out of , it seemes small , I’ve made all my stripping baskets up to this point using plastic wash tubs , bungees , a few line seperators & I was good to go. How does the one you made work for you ? Thanks Bill J 

Try a cherry/fruit picking basket.     Shaped and larger then the Ikea step stool.

HT

cherry2.jpg.ddd98aa2029fc50a71ca78f41e2b3c57.jpg

cherry1.jpg.f6efd636294c7b1f46745b87932b94dd.jpg

Edited by HillTop

22 mins ago, Mike Oliver said:

HT

Looks like you used an end mill to shape out your line tray. Or maybe you were a Pettern Maker in former times.

oly

Actually used a template to trace the outline with a black Sharpie and then I used one of these attachments on my Dremel Tool to follow the profile and do the belt cutouts.   Adjust the depth of the cutter to 1/8" longer than the depth of cut required.   You need a stead hand, (save the Sam Adams until after the project),  and it comes out remarkably well.    Finish with rough and fine sandpaper and you'd swear it was molded that way.

HT

Dremel.png.05eec0c42d4e96f83624d84f934d06aa.png

I like the fruit picking basket. That looks more comfortable than the Tupperware I used to use. Very nice build. What are the cones that you used?

Thanks

Gil

1 hour ago, GilV said:

I like the fruit picking basket. That looks more comfortable than the Tupperware I used to use. Very nice build. What are the cones that you used?

Thanks

Gil

Gil this post has some legs but contains details.  PM or post if you have more questions.

HT

Thanks HT , that fruit /cherry picking basket appears to be the best option yet. You did a nice job on the one you built , I will follow suit , thanks again ! Bill J 

On 2/14/2019 at 6:09 PM, Fishin Technician said:

Cman,

I impressed with your baskets interior lighting system.   I have a recommendation for your lighting system, apply some red nail polish to the lensed area of the lights so you become a bit more incognito. This is an old astronomy telescope trick that was used on flash lights to preserve your night vision.

Mini sound system is next , with a robo cam.

Regards,

FT

LOL. The lights come in different colors. I have red too. :howdy: