jmlandru

No One Saw This Snow Comming?

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Unless you have ten loaves of bread, five gallons of milk and a hundred eggs your dead. Don't worry, someone here will build a makeshift memorial to you and the others who didn't have their shelter well stocked.  

3 mins ago, jmlandru said:

Lol. My wife’s school opened late because it was cold. I used to plow 

Still alive? Which family member did you eat?  

Didn't hear about it until late yesterday afternoon. Started after midnight, turned to rain and truck was a frozen sheet of snow this morning. More snow on the way to work and plow trucks out in full force. Supposed to turn to all rain in the afternoon so ice may be an issue later. 

I didn't pay much attention to it until yesterday, and there's a part of this I don't understand: it started snowing when I took the dogs out at 10 pm last night, and there was about an inch on the ground when they woke me up at 5 am. There's a little more now. Great.

But here's what I don't get: it's snowing now, reasonably hard, and the weather weenies are saying that it's going to be snowing all day. But it's not supposed to accumulate? I don't get that. I understand the deal tonight, where it's snow, then freezing rain, then it warms up and changes to rain, and that rain gets heavier and washes everything away. But I don't understand how it's supposed to snow all day and not stack up -- that makes zero sense to me.

5 mins ago, Belmo said:

I didn't pay much attention to it until yesterday, and there's a part of this I don't understand: it started snowing when I took the dogs out at 10 pm last night, and there was about an inch on the ground when they woke me up at 5 am. There's a little more now. Great.

But here's what I don't get: it's snowing now, reasonably hard, and the weather weenies are saying that it's going to be snowing all day. But it's not supposed to accumulate? I don't get that. I understand the deal tonight, where it's snow, then freezing rain, then it warms up and changes to rain, and that rain gets heavier and washes everything away. But I don't understand how it's supposed to snow all day and not stack up -- that makes zero sense to me.

laws of thermodynamics