The Riddler

Pelican Catch 130 Hydryve Pedal Kayak

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Looks like its available for sale. One chain store has em. Who will be the one to buy and review here?

pelican.png.632085928e9f02c99396e389a867803f.png

pelican.JPG.d3c7d274bf866e401995e6425e62dc3d.JPG

The Pelican Catch 130 HD HYDRYVE is the first pedal drive kayak from Pelican.  The boat is 12ft 6" long, 34" wide and 15" deep.  The weight of the Catch 130 HD is 85# and has a max capacity of 425#.  It has a limited lifetime warranty.

• Specifications

Pedal Propulsion System Features

1. A recessed part of the hull allows your fins to tuck up out of the way of rocks and aquatic plants.

2. Double-sided footrests offer either adjustable rubber foot straps on one side or an anti-slip design on the other.

3. Adjustable pedal arms ensure a comfortable paddling position.

Catch 130 Features

1. Ergocast G2 Seating System provides amazing comfort for hours of fun.

2. Tunnel Hull provides a stable platform from which to cast in either a sitting or standing position.

3. RAM-X Premium materials create a strong kayak capable of lasting for years.

4. Pre-mounted Scotty tracks are ready to accept your favorites add-ons.

Length: 12'6

Beam: 34"

Depth: 15"

Cockpit: Open

Weight: 85lb

Max Capacity: 425lb

Hull Material: RamX Premium

Hull Type: Tunnel Hull

Edited by The Riddler

Nice ... I was checking out the on-line reviews & you-tubes ...impressive. The drive seems cleaner and simpler than the Mirage, but never owning one, I'm not sure. I like the insert =where the drive sits ... will this cure the crack problems seen in the Hobie? 

Didn't like the weight ... I was hoping the 85# would be the LOADED weight, but it doesn't seem so. Wonder what it is like to car-top?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Is it just me or does the seat seem pretty far back? Interesting that the rudder lines were kept on the outside of the hull. It should make repairs easier but then I wonder if they will cause snags or get beat up in transport? Also, is there a transducer scupper mount or are talking in-hull/over the side mounting?

Edited by drmevo

So far nobody has posted a pic or video showing the hull from underneath. At first glance it does look like the seat is set back to far. Top view looks to be the correct position. 

Pelican is calling the cassette the “Pedalier”. It comes in an Upper and Lower Piece held together with some type of bolts. 

If if there is a crack problem it will happen on the Pedalier. Seems logical anyways. Curious 

to see what the cost of it is. 

67CBB592-9E93-43C1-9D4E-41B95239A2CA.png

2576A204-6FA8-4457-9EE5-608EA0016CE2.png

4 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Pelican is calling the cassette the “Pedalier”. It comes in an Upper and Lower Piece held together with some type of bolts. 

If if there is a crack problem it will happen on the Pedalier. Seems logical anyways. Curious 

to see what the cost of it is. 

67CBB592-9E93-43C1-9D4E-41B95239A2CA.png

2576A204-6FA8-4457-9EE5-608EA0016CE2.png

Gotta be cheaper than replacing a hull ... and safer too

I dunno, but maybe this cassette and V1/V2 knock off drive will enable homemade shapers to create their own pedal-friendly, reinforced glass hulls more easily and economically.

I emailed Pelican about how much the drive costs.

Thank you for contacting us in this regard as well as your interest in the Pelican International products.  Part # PS1846 is available for CDN$719.99 + tax/US$564.99 shipping by UPS is included.    If the information meets with your requirements, you may order on this email with your telephone number, shipping address (not a P.O. Box), payment with either Visa/Mastercard with the expiry date and the three digit code on reverse side or you may contact us at 1-88-669-6960.