Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redlinerobert

New to this site.

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Getting back into surf fishing and found this great site.  I live in San Juan Bautista and do as much fishing at the Forebay and San Luis that I can.  I have a 22' Ranger that gets me where I need to go quickly.  :)

As a youngster I'd fish Moss Landing quite a bit.  I'm looking at getting a couple surf rods and reels in the near future. 

2 hours ago, redlinerobert said:

Hey guys,

Getting back into surf fishing and found this great site.  I live in San Juan Bautista and do as much fishing at the Forebay and San Luis that I can.  I have a 22' Ranger that gets me where I need to go quickly.  :)

As a youngster I'd fish Moss Landing quite a bit.  I'm looking at getting a couple surf rods and reels in the near future. 

Welcome, right down 156 from you in Hollister.  Moss used to be my favorite place also, but once they built that new dock over by the restaurant, the Sealions flooded in and I lost confidence in the place..got tired of being shadowed up and down the beach.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I was in LA for a short period. Went to San Diego and had

dinner at fisherman's landing. Never got the chance to fish.

"Carolina Cast Pro" rods would be my recommendation to you.

"Mud Hole Tackle" Carries them and before I forget.

WELCOME ABOARD! ;)

Edited by SandSpike1

9 hours ago, Linesideslayer said:

Welcome aboard Robert. We are neighbors and just don't know it yet and he has a boat! Glad to have you on here. 

Linesideslayer, where are you located? 

3 hours ago, redlinerobert said:

Linesideslayer, where are you located? 

SJB since '89 moved right after the big quake. Get your post on so can PM you? 

Welcome to the site. Check out “Tools for the inquisitive fisherman” and Rod/ Reel Setup, both are pinned at the top of the West Coast forum. 

3 hours ago, redlinerobert said:

How many posts do you require here to be able to send pm's?

Robert Here are the basic rules for being a member on here and how to qualify for PM privileges, also before selling/buying or trading anything read the full set of rules in the BST Forum. link will take you to the full set of rules: https://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/forum/11-buyselltrade-forums/  click on the RED Please Read before... at the top of page. Wish someone had done this when I was a newbie, I had to learn the hard way.  

To be initially considered a "contributing member" you must have BOTH the following:
- You must have at least 15 posts.
- You must be registered for at least 7 days.
- To remain a contributing member you must participate in the other forums here as well.

(Please, do not email me and ask why you cannot post in this forum when you are a brand new member or have like 3 posts -- it's right here, at the top, in bold text...the answer to your question...pinned to the top -- it even says "read this before you post"  

****If you do not come here to engage in discussions, help others or even to ask questions or socialize, then please don't use this forum to buy or sell things.
-------------------------------------------------------

10 hours ago, redlinerobert said:

Can't say the same about buying though!

I said the same thing until my buying lead to running out of room, empty bank accounts & Td off spouse, now I sell just to buy some more...equilibrium. Now when my wife see's a package in the mail her first question is what plug are you selling? Good thing she thinks all plugs are created equally and in price. If she ever became a member on here I would be screwed.