Bdemiri23

Best braid with small diameter

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any suggestions for braid that is tough yet has a small diameter. I used maxquattro for a while but don’t like it’s durabillity. I want to keep the diameter small for blackfishing shallow water and off jetties. Any suggestions would be of help. Thank you 

What pound test are you looking to use? Check out the line testing thread at the top of the page. Lots of good info. That said, I've been liking j braid recently.

36 mins ago, Bdemiri23 said:

Does anyone have any suggestions for braid that is tough yet has a small diameter. I used maxquattro for a while but don’t like it’s durabillity. I want to keep the diameter small for blackfishing shallow water and off jetties. Any suggestions would be of help. Thank you 

It's gonna have to be one or the other; tough or small diameter.  You can't have both.

1 hour ago, autonomos said:

It's gonna have to be one or the other; tough or small diameter.  You can't have both.

I agree, toughness is often directly correlated with diameter. 

Berkeley Whiplash hands down; 30lb is .10mm, I use 80lb for casting leader and that comes in at .25mm. 

It is he only braid I use but you can only buy it from the UK. 

On 11/02/2019 at 6:47 AM, autonomos said:

X2

there are 2 topic about braid and you may get some useful information over there

10 hours ago, autonomos said:

J Braid, Maxcuatro, and Yozuri super braid look to be leaders in 30 lb. for what you're looking for judging by Aquaholic's spreadsheet.

Now that you mention it, I did spool up one of my reels with 15# yozuri super braid towards the end of last season. I had a few problems with wind knots, but once I stripped some line off I was good to go. I guess I over filled my spool. Other than that I liked it.

On 2/10/2019 at 4:10 PM, Bdemiri23 said:

Daiwa J Braid X8 ... for the money the thinness & strength motivates my recommendation.

13 hours ago, Bdemiri23 said:

Berkley Whiplash looks super interesting.Going to buy some this week. Has it held up for you over time ?

You would swear I was lying (or being paid).

Power pro super slick 8 is my go to line.

i have a couple of reels spooled with whiplash and it is the bomb like rod said.

saltiga braid is great but very costly.

going to try maxquattro next.

by the way i use 10-15-20lb on my surf reels

Edited by FISH BUCKET