bkupmstr

boat launching Raritan,, navesink, schrewsb

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Im trying to find a few spots to launch a small boat in the Raritan, the navesink and the schrewsbury

i did a bunch or digging and came up with about ten spots that i scouted out today from long branch backup to keyport

what i found was not enough info except for places like Leonardo and Highlands.

some of the ramps don’t even exist anymore or they are now private

im mainly looking for safe public places to launch where i can leave my car and trailer for a day of fishing.

i don’t have a deep draft boat but not having to worry about low tide coming back would be great also.

id like a place near the Belford channel, one up the navesink near the oceanic marina and maybe one in the schrewsbury 

Any help would be appreciated 

thanks

Edited by bkupmstr

The municipal ramp in Rumson is the place to go for the navesink, it is close to the Oceanic bridge. There is a small fee that you need to get from the borough. 

59 mins ago, Kml said:

The municipal ramp in Rumson is the place to go for the navesink, it is close to the Oceanic bridge. There is a small fee that you need to get from the borough. 

Looks like $120 for an annual permit but from what i remember parking is limited if at all. Do you know anything about parking there?

It’s not like parking at a big municipal lot but people figure it out. Park where you can when you get there. I would guess that at normal fishing departure times it would not be an issue. If you are launching at noon on July 4th weekend it may be tight. 

24 mins ago, Kml said:

It’s not like parking at a big municipal lot but people figure it out. Park where you can when you get there. I would guess that at normal fishing departure times it would not be an issue. If you are launching at noon on July 4th weekend it may be tight. 

Thank you

34 mins ago, bkupmstr said:

Thank you

Rumson municipal launch is a very nice place to launch.  Had a small boat a few years ago, and that was where I launched to fish the rivers (Navasink and Shrewsbury and Raritan (eastern side)

There is a  launch in Leonardo, and one in Keyport, pay per launch.  

With that, you should be covered.

Funny to come back to the Rumson ramp. Growing up i had a friend that lived three blocks from there. We would drag a small row boat down to the river on a trailer. Or sometimes in spring we would rent a small boat from Paul’s boats and catch tons on flounder. We would also watch the horseshoe crabs come in at th ramp during mating season. Hope i can find the flounder again:)

5 hours ago, Kml said:

There's another one on the Shrewsbury side in ocean port by the BlackBerry bay park baseball fields.

I had that one on my list but did not maake it to see that one, i will add it my next recon mission :) thank you

5 hours ago, Fly By Nite said:

There's a free ramp way up in the Shrewsbury near Casa Comida.  Depending on what your'e doing that might work.  

Is that the One near River lane.

if so i found that one and it looks good too

thank you

6 hours ago, bkupmstr said:

Is that the One near River lane.

if so i found that one and it looks good too

thank you

The one near Casa Comida is good if you want to fish way in the back, which is fun early spring  (its 4 blocks from my house)  And its free.