LIfishingGuy

Bonefishing Turks and Caicos

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Wondering if anyone has a recommendation on a guide to use for bonefish in Turks. I’m headed there in late March, and any advice you may have would be really appreciated.

Will Vallely.  Great guide, respects the resource, really knows his stuff.  I had a great day with him in 2017 and can’t wait to get back.

Like everything on T&C, it’s not inexpensive.  I think six-packs at the supermarket were $18, but the islands are really away from the rest of the world...

Enjoy!

if you are going to Providenciales, there are DIY options around. get a map and rent a car. turtle lake,flamingo lake and surrounding areas are all good candidates. be adventureous looking for that little dirt road that takes you to a graet spot.

Get a guide. A buddy of mine just spent a week there. He fished a lot. Caught one small bone. He had a blast and the place was gorgeous. The fishing ....well not so much.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I know Will Vallely and he is one fishy dude, highly recommended. Check out his social media @bonefishunlimited

Edited by bigredgolf

5 hours ago, Vt coast said:

if you are going to Providenciales, there are DIY options around. get a map and rent a car. turtle lake,flamingo lake and surrounding areas are all good candidates. be adventureous looking for that little dirt road that takes you to a graet spot.

Dirt road will take you past flamingo lake and to the end is Turtle Tail, really nice DIY flat thats has bones other areas i did not explore but would check out is cooper jack

the dirt road is Venetian you can see a map here

http://www.wherewhenhow.com/images/turks-caicos-islands/maps/providenciales-provo-map-2015.pdf

your rental car will likely be a Pastel colored Diatsu with 13" wheels, at least mine was but was ok on the dirt road, remember they drive on the left lane like England

42 mins ago, Mike Oliver said:

The link suggests that theft from cars is an issue. Is that true.

We didn’t have an issue, it’s a thirds world country is what it is, lock the doors and don’t leave stuff in the open

Posted (edited) · Report post

But by no means did I feel worried, we went to turtle tail my wife and I, we were the only ones there until a guide showed up with a client 

gorgeous flats

pic below not mine, you can almost walk to those islands 

8A74790A-DA75-4522-9E6B-DE6264744F99.jpeg

Edited by Sandflee