Bow390

Pro-Cure for fluke

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

There are some days where I go through so many bags of gulp it makes me sick, so this year I bought some 6 inch gotcha and mister twister grubs and I am thinking of adding pro-cure to make them similar to gulp. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for this? I was thinking about putting the pro-cure in a ziplock bag with the grubs so I can keep reapplying. 

Edited by Bow390

Something that worked for me after my gulp tail was bitten off was to attach an Ottertail (soaked in gulp) behind the body. Caught fluke this way and it doesn't dry out and has more action then the gulp tail.

I tried the Got-cha, they had the WORST chemical plastic smell that would NOT go away even if soaked in gulp juice for a year. It just made everything else smell like chemicals. 

Gulp has gone back to their original (or close to) recipe which is a bit more resilient but I agree I go through a lot. I just try to buy it when they're on mega sale or have rebates. I stopped buying bags too, jars last much longer. The ottertail mod works great too.

On 2/9/2019 at 7:56 PM, ThrowinPlugs said:

I tried the Got-cha, they had the WORST chemical plastic smell that would NOT go away even if soaked in gulp juice for a year. It just made everything else smell like chemicals. 

Gulp has gone back to their original (or close to) recipe which is a bit more resilient but I agree I go through a lot. I just try to buy it when they're on mega sale or have rebates. I stopped buying bags too, jars last much longer. The ottertail mod works great too.

Is that something that they recently did? for the 2018 season it seemed to still be the old formula.

If you catch a sea robin while fluking, cut its tail into strips and use them on your bucktail like an Unkle josh. Fluke love them and the tough skin keeps them on the hook extremely well. This should save you on gulps and I have found it to work just as well if not better.