Anyone do their taxes yet?

Rate this topic

The Riddler

I lost what I use to itemize for years. All the Union dues and dues check off from the Union done. No writes off specialized clothing for work and boots, done. Salvation Army donations I couldn't do anymore. 

Edited by The Riddler

1 hour ago, saltydawg said:

I filed last year...don’t tell me I have to do it agam 

You don't, I haven't filed in 3 years, this will be my 4th year of not filing. I knows people. :D

fishinambition  Posted June 30 ·After a decade and a half of trolling and disrupting the website, frank's finally fed up with Tim's bull****

14 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Well that sucked!  Lowest tax return in probably 10 years. Talk about getting bum holed....bull****.

much better than giving the government a free loan.

"Ok, Eddy you were right" - minivin5
"Oddly enough, Eddy is right fairly often"- TimS

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

"Say what you will about Eh-ddy but he actually does know a few things." - The Commish

Just now, jimmy1956 said:

Never understood why folks want to set up their taxes to get a refund of their own money. Don’t you want your money throughout the year to use as you see fit. Why let the government hold it at zero interest? Goal should be pay nothing get nothing. Easy Peasy.

Agreed

37 mins ago, DAQ said:

Did anyone see more money in their pay checks after the new tax laws went into effect? If so, how does the increased money in the check plus tax return compare to previous tax returns?

I didn't notice more money in my pay. I am hourly and I don't always work the same hours in a pay period. When I actually did some figuring, there was more money. If I was a salary employee, I'd see more money in my pay.

I got back around $1,500 less.

I'd rather had a bigger return since I didn't notice the "more money" I was getting.