bayyaker54

Rod ID

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Someone gave me this rod, I can’t make out the markings. It’s 11’.  It needs a little tlc, the action feels like it might be rated 2-6oz. Any ideas.

F107403A-D598-4D42-A6A7-CA6E3CF9D9EB.jpeg.94aa83dbb876047b67082a30f8d0a0b8.jpegD7DE95AA-4649-439C-BD40-ACEE3B25A01C.jpeg.62fd6d2148747425876fcc1c7be86438.jpeg

it looks like my old eagle claw, but am not near my rod to compare.  I will check when I get back home this sunday

43 mins ago, Roddy said:

did you try using a bright led light?

sometimes they can show things you can't see otherwise.

HH

Tried the light, even with a pair of cheaters on, no luck.

It’s one piece, I have some options, clean it up and sell it, or throw snot with it, or even cut it down to 8’ and have my bud rebuild it. It’s way to big for my liking. I don’t even like throwing my 10’ rod.

37 mins ago, bayyaker54 said:

Tried the light, even with a pair of cheaters on, no luck.

maybe someone in a rod building forum could recog the little bit that's there,the shape of the emblem is basically showing somewhat.

HH

16 hours ago, srm413 said:

it looks like my old eagle claw, but am not near my rod to compare.  I will check when I get back home this sunday

Eagle Claw was my first thought, too.

But there were a lot of smaller companies, local companies, tackle wholesalers' or mass merchants' proprietary brands, etc. around during the period when this rod was made, and many looked similar, so Eagle Claw is only one possibility

I checked my yellow blank eagle claw and it definitely doesn't look like this rod, which has the appearance of unsanded wraps?