bob_G

Birds of spring

Rate this topic

104 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, theshadow said:

1st Turkey vulture seen on Saturday traveling to The Bears Den flyshow in Taunton along rte25.

3 hours ago, bdowning said:

Started seeing some flying around 30 miles north of Taunton a few days ago. 

Returned out here too. One well known roost had close to 30 last weekend.

15 mins ago, Plug and teaser said:

:th:  Nice Fizzy

Warblers are the best...... :)  Still a while for us to the West ......

Thanks  P & T, shear luck, happened to look out the window and there she was.    only around for a few minutes, did not see any today.

On 2/19/2019 at 11:32 AM, theshadow said:

1st Turkey vulture seen on Saturday traveling to The Bears Den flyshow in Taunton along rte25.

Haha we may have seen same one. 

Just had a male bluebird at the suet feeder. I'm in Dartmouth, two miles north of Buzzard's Bay. Down here we have Great Blue Herons year 'round. Saw one flying up Slocum's River on Sunday. Same for Turkey Vultures--see 'em in every month. What's interesting is that this is the second year I've seen wintering Black Vultures. Never used to see them much north of Pennsylvania, nevermind in winter.

Not exactly a bird of spring, but I was walking the dog a few nights ago during that super bright full moon. I live right on Agawam Mill pond so we usually head down to the water and let the pup sniff at the water. I get down to the waters edge and there is a massive swan about twenty feet out in the water, sitting there very still just looking at us. The moon was so bright and the water was so calm and you could see this swan clear as day. Very eerie, almost dream-like. Tried to get a few pictures but it was just too dark. 

Dais didn't like it and wanted to get the hell out of there so we did.