FunkyBunker

The Methadone clinic

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, Brother Brian said:

I caution people to go cold turkey rather than methadone because I never met anyone  that was able to go through methadone withdraw without incurring a permanent mental disability.

My friends two sons have both been on methadone for years, they can't kick it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 mins ago, AlwaysWading said:

My friends two sons have both been on methadone for years, they can't kick it.

 

It's a life sentence in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 mins ago, Brother Brian said:

 

They are usually picked up and driven there and back by whatever rehab facility is sponsoring their receiving methadone . I caution people to go cold turkey rather than methadone because I never met anyone  that was able to go through methadone withdraw without incurring a permanent mental disability. With heroin, you can kick after a week or so of hell but methadone withdraw lasts for over 3 months. The worst is when they go on methadone and then also use another substance because they have to test clean at the clinic or else they don't get their dose. It would be more merciful to shoot people than have them go down that road. 

I'm not sure how they do it here but seems like they get rides from friends, relatives and lovers. One Saturday a few years back there was an accident right out front of the parking lot. A newer Cadillac that was pulling out of there T-boned a car that was pulling in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pass one right on RT. 35 in Middletown NJ every morning going to work. I am rolling by around 6:10 A.M. and the place is a packed sh*t show. The local police have to keep an officer in the lot to prevent the fights from people trying to line jump. I can always tell who on the road with me is heading there. They drive like the biggest as*holes, speeding and weaving to get their fix. The vans from the various rehabs also drive like dicks. I saw one pull out onto the highway right in front of a NJ Transit bus who then swerved into my lane almost taking me out to avoid crushing the van. I fortunately saw it coming and jammed on my brakes giving the bus the room he needed.

Jim

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Reed422 said:

It's sad to see people you love go down that road. One of my old best friends is a mess from it. We don't talk much anymore.

Your choice or his?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 hours ago, MickAff said:

Your choice or his?

His. I think I’m boring these days. He is all about going out, trying to make it as a dj and hanging with sketchy people. I don’t fit into that equation.

Edited by Reed422

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Reed422 said:

His. I think I’m boring these days. He is all about going out, trying to make it as a dj and hanging with sketchy people. I don’t fit into that equation.

Trying to make it as a dj. I wouldn’t wanna hang out with him either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a friend who is one of many managers in the BIG box store in Rio Grande. There were plans to make it a full service store but nothing was happening. I asked him when and he just said they can't get enough workers to cover the store now who can pass the drug test so making the store bigger wasn't happening soon. They just made it a super store and I asked him how they got around the drug problem. He smiled and said, "They quit giving the drug test" Problem solved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DoorGunner said:

Have a friend who is one of many managers in the BIG box store in Rio Grande. There were plans to make it a full service store but nothing was happening. I asked him when and he just said they can't get enough workers to cover the store now who can pass the drug test so making the store bigger wasn't happening soon. They just made it a super store and I asked him how they got around the drug problem. He smiled and said, "They quit giving the drug test" Problem solved. 

Just a matter of time before they start finding employees nodding off in the middle of the store or passed out in a bathroom stall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.