FunkyBunker

The Methadone clinic

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

Had to hit the Home Depot this morning before going to work. On the way there is the methadone clinic. Full parking lot at 7am. Wonder how many can make it there before the door opens but wouldn't be able to get to work by 8 or 9am or just don't work at all. 

The opioid and heroin numbers in Cape May County are bonkers. It's beyond sad. It's a beautiful part of the world, but it seems like half the adult males down there are addicts.

11 mins ago, FunkyBunker said:

Had to hit the Home Depot this morning before going to work. On the way there is the methadone clinic. Full parking lot at 7am. Wonder how many can make it there before the door opens but wouldn't be able to get to work by 8 or 9am or just don't work at all. 

The one on Rte 9 and 147?

5 mins ago, Belmo said:

The opioid and heroin numbers in Cape May County are bonkers. It's beyond sad. It's a beautiful part of the world, but it seems like half the adult males down there are addicts.

People here took a blind eye to it back in the 80's and 90's. Being a commercial fishing town it had it's presence. Past 10 years has gotten pretty bad. 

Just now, Firinne said:

Yeah just north of Indian Trail. I'm usually not in the area that time of the day. Sometimes pass it on Saturday mornings and same story. Full house. 

3 mins ago, Reed422 said:

What the hell possesses someone to shoot that **** into their veins for the first time. 

I don't even want to go to the doctor for a shot. 

Sometimes its the cheaper alternative to what they are crushing and putting up their nose.  But i agree, you have to accept the fact that if you go down the opiate rabbit hole, all paths will lead to shooting H.  Unfortunately, I dont think that thought process occurs when you are only focused on the here and now.  Many former buddies would drive to the clinics many towns over to avoid seeing people they knew.

8 mins ago, Firinne said:

You been in Rio Grande lately? It was never Beverly Hills, but holy ****, that place has turned into a ****hole.

20 mins ago, FunkyBunker said:

Great place to score drugs

I found an old farmhouse with some land down there. About 20 min outside of Bridgeton. Great price. Was gonna go look at it until I heard how bad the crime and drugs are down there

Just now, RiverRaider said:

Great place to score drugs

There was a scumbag that use to be the fleet manager for like 15 years. He would try to **** anything that walks. One day he says "those women coming out of the methadone clinic will do anything for $20"

Every few months this dude would have the biggest ****ing sore on his mouth. Nasty. 

2 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

I found an old farmhouse with some land down there. About 20 min outside of Bridgeton. Great price. Was gonna go look at it until I heard how bad the crime and drugs are down there

I'm still a few decades away, but I'd consider retiring down there. Quiet, beaches, and only an hour from Philly. 

But the drug scene is brutal.

Posted (edited) · Report post

18 mins ago, Any Luck Buddy said:

Sometimes its the cheaper alternative to what they are crushing and putting up their nose.  But i agree, you have to accept the fact that if you go down the opiate rabbit hole, all paths will lead to shooting H.  Unfortunately, I dont think that thought process occurs when you are only focused on the here and now.  Many former buddies would drive to the clinics many towns over to avoid seeing people they knew.

It's sad to see people you love go down that road. One of my old best friends is a mess from it. We don't talk much anymore.

Edited by Reed422

12 mins ago, Belmo said:

I'm still a few decades away, but I'd consider retiring down there. Quiet, beaches, and only an hour from Philly. 

But the drug scene is brutal.

Yeah not the place to send your kids to school.