cheech

Mint Mossberg 500 Shotgun for trade

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Won this at a game dinner, it is unfired. adjustable AR buttstock, pump hand loop, and integral breacher barrel. I wish to trade (not sell) it for a (equal value or cash addition) narrow spool conventional jigging reel with at least 20#s of drag, and a capacity of at least 300yrds of 65#braid. Not as important to me, I would also consider a 8000 class spinner like a gossa sw or spheros sw, or a 6’6”-7’0  spinning rod rated for 60-80 braid. The shotty is worth approx. $400. Pickup in Westchester county ,NY. 10532

4C56F81B-C57D-45EC-8828-7094BB5B9054.jpeg

977282DB-F4B4-4C8C-9387-2FCF9EB09566.jpeg

35032FD6-D76D-4320-8F01-7738EA177A41.jpeg

F2EC2174-6F61-4C7F-A740-B1852A4FE7EC.jpeg

Edited by cheech

It was mentioned to me the adjustable buttstock may not be compliant in NJ. A sale or trade in NY must take place in a FFL gunshop for the buyers background check ($10). NY law states only one military feature is compliant on a shotgun, ie. vertical foregrip, pistol grip, flash suppressor, folding stock etc. I don’t know if this adjustable length of pull buttstock is compliant in NY with a pistol grip? I will get the answers.

I have a new 10K SW Saragossa, but I live in MD.  I'm not sure of the exact process, but I know it involves shipping to shop/dealer with FFL.   I understand if you'd rather keep it local.

2 hours ago, cheech said:

It was mentioned to me the adjustable buttstock may not be compliant in NJ. A sale or trade in NY must take place in a FFL gunshop for the buyers background check ($10). NY law states only one military feature is compliant on a shotgun, ie. vertical foregrip, pistol grip, flash suppressor, folding stock etc. I don’t know if this adjustable length of pull buttstock is compliant in NY with a pistol grip? I will get the answers.

I believe it should be, but only for shotguns.

Do you have an FFL you frequent? If so we can do it through them. Let me know once you ask them. BTW I live in the city and I have my license. Just FYI. I say this because the city has its own rules. SMH 

I’d be interested in a trade.

11 hours ago, cheech said:

Definitely check the local laws. In MA, the adjustable butt stock ban doesn’t apply to pump shotguns. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just talked to Blueline tactical, a local FFL dealer. He said the gun is legal, and the transfer can take place at Blueline in Elmsford, NY. 

Edit- nix the Shimano 8000 reels from the original post, I need a spinner with at least 300yrds of 65# braid capacity.

Edited by cheech
Edit

3 hours ago, cheech said:

Just talked to Blueline tactical, a local FFL dealer. He said the gun is legal, and the transfer can take place at Blueline in Elmsford, NY. 

Did they mention how much they’re gonna charge for the whole transaction? 

I didn’t ask, but will if a deal is on the horizon. I’ve  read elsewhere it’s usually a $10 fee.

If you need bigger reel, then I also have a mint Stella 16000F, used maybe three times.  If interested, I'll find a registered FFL that you can ship to near me.  

1 hour ago, cheech said:

Thank fish-on, but I would have to give you money for that trade!

Actually no, I got the Stella for a good deal.  It's an older model, but mint condition (used about 3x).  Anyways, just let me know.  I'd pay for shipping too.  

Fish-on, I feel it’s a fair, straight up trade, and I’m seriously considering it. I will hold out for a week or so in case something local comes up. I’m a little trepedatious with both of us not seeing each other’s goods. I will be in touch, thank you. 

11 mins ago, cheech said:

Fish-on, I feel it’s a fair, straight up trade, and I’m seriously considering it. I will hold out for a week or so in case something local comes up. I’m a little trepedatious with both of us not seeing each other’s goods. I will be in touch, thank you. 

sure, i understand.  just let me know.