bronson

rod up by rod mounts vs rod loft pro or other?

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

No experience with either the rod loft or the rod up.  What I did for my 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 2004 4-Runner and now my 2016 4-Runner is shown in the pictures below. Hangers are Blacks Sure Lock Rod Hangers, cross bars are 1inch square Aluminum Tubing, Hangers are staggered using 1inch angle Aluminum, and cross bars are mounted at rear suit hanger  and rear seat grab bar locations using stainless "cross plate" off 2inch U-bolts, bent to fit. I do not know the cost of the rod-up, but I suspect it is more than the cost of what I did.

Hope this helps.

0818161308b.jpg

0818161310b.jpg

blacks sure lock rod hanger.jpg

thDMAD0PEX.jpg

Edited by FlatWing

I went with the Inno Rod Rack. I fish with my truck almost all year long and there is almost always a rod in it. WIth that said, I also have to carry passengers in the back seat. What I like about the Inno is that its designed to tuck itself a little better in the truck's ceiling which leaves more headroom for the rear passengers. Each of the holders can hold 2-piece rods in one position, unless its one of the bigger surf rods where the butt section and the tip section are so big that they need their own holders. Each rod has its own holder which is great because they don't tangle with eachother.

downside is the pice. I paid $240 for it. Its Japanese engineered so while all the components were all very well built, putting it together is like an erector set. Also because of the shape of my truck, the length of the ceiling is shorter so what might fit a two feet down from the ceiling, might not fit 4 inches down from the ceiling. my 9ft+ 1 piece rods don't fit.

elegant-inno-if-dh-dual-h-fishing-rod-he