Thumb-Burner

10' ccp vs. 9'6 black hole suzuki????

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

The CCP I casted with was faster action than the 9’6” Suzuki. The Suzuki is thinner diameter and I consider it moderate fast action. I like the action on the Suzuki better. I would rate both these rods 3/4-3oz.

The Suzuki is also a lighter rod. They both got about the same distance. The black hole Suzuki gets my vote. 

It is so hard for me to....not....post.......... how much I love..... my Suzuki 10...sorry - couldn't stop myself. :banghd:

On 2/8/2019 at 5:11 AM, reelfire said:

I the 10 ft Suzuki. Love the damn rod.

I used my 10 ft in the fall for bass in the 30”-35” inch range and wasn’t pleased with the hookset, so I cut it down to 9 ft.  It seams like a faster rod now, I’ll have to post my results in the spring to see if I made the right choice in cutting it down.

14 mins ago, bayyaker54 said:

I used my 10 ft in the fall for bass in the 30”-35” inch range and wasn’t pleased with the hookset, so I cut it down to 9 ft.  It seams like a faster rod now, I’ll have to post my results in the spring to see if I made the right choice in cutting it down.

Never had problems with any hooksets. Used rod for 15 lb blues. And bass in 20 lb range. 

If I am fishing in current or looking larger fish (35”) then I am using my 9’6 Suzuki. The 10 suzuki is not targeted for large fish. 96 has more backbone and that’s what I would buy for those conditions. However, it is hard to not gush over the 10 for light lures and small to medium fish. Addicting.

57 mins ago, Mbrody said:

If I am fishing in current or looking larger fish (35”) then I am using my 9’6 Suzuki. The 10 suzuki is not targeted for large fish. 96 has more backbone and that’s what I would buy for those conditions. However, it is hard to not gush over the 10 for light lures and small to medium fish. Addicting.

I jumped on that 10 ft when I should have  probably went with the 9’6”, and now that I cut it down to 9 I can’t wait for the spring bass or summer fluke season to test the action on the rod throwing sp’s, magdarters or just bounceing a bt.