One for the Phillies fans

Rate this topic

Markushook

2 hours ago, Markushook said:

Acquired JT Realmuto for prospects today. 

When they sign Harper this lineup is going to be ridiculous!

Still need some pitching help, but there’s still time to tickle the staff.

next week Ps and Cs report :th:

Yup. Now sign Harper, bolster the pitching a bit, and I might be able to live with Franco at 3rd....

13 hours ago, yosco said:

Don't no about ridiculous, but I am sooo

glad the phils are making moves. Hope

they grab Harper. Not gonna happen, but I

would love to see them get rid of Herrera.

Not a Gabe fan either but im ok with seeing

what he does this year. Weird dude.

If they league imposes that rule that relievers MUST pitch to at least 3 batters Gabe's head could quite possibly explode. 

"I was a waste of time dumbasses"  Sevenxseventy1

2 mins ago, fishless said:

If they league imposes that rule that relievers MUST pitch to at least 3 batters Gabe's head could quite possibly explode. 

this is never going to happen, its been roundly criticized by every living human.  i dont even see how its supposed to work, or the goal.  assume theyre trying to speed up the game, what happens when the guy comes in, and sucks and cant get anyone out its going to take longer to finish the inning then if they just change relievers.  what happens if he's injured?  ok, so you make an exclusion for injury where the guy can come out.  now you have to bring up a cold reliever and he has to throw 30 pitches to warm up.  meanwhile the other mgr the next inning wants to take his guy out who's also "injured".  how do you even enforce it to avoid people abusing the injury exemption.  the whole idea is stupid

10 mins ago, gobigblue said:

this is never going to happen, its been roundly criticized by every living human.  i dont even see how its supposed to work, or the goal.  assume theyre trying to speed up the game, what happens when the guy comes in, and sucks and cant get anyone out its going to take longer to finish the inning then if they just change relievers.  what happens if he's injured?  ok, so you make an exclusion for injury where the guy can come out.  now you have to bring up a cold reliever and he has to throw 30 pitches to warm up.  meanwhile the other mgr the next inning wants to take his guy out who's also "injured".  how do you even enforce it to avoid people abusing the injury exemption.  the whole idea is stupid

The goal is to speed up the game.  So we don't have to see a lefty come to the plate only for the opposing manager to make a change to bring in his one off lefty to face that lone batter, be it out or hit, than come out again and make a chang to face the next batter.  That much is clear.  And don't think for a second the executives in the MLB office care what people outside that office think of the proposed changes.  If they want to do it they will. 

19 mins ago, fishless said:

The goal is to speed up the game.  So we don't have to see a lefty come to the plate only for the opposing manager to make a change to bring in his one off lefty to face that lone batter, be it out or hit, than come out again and make a chang to face the next batter.  That much is clear.  And don't think for a second the executives in the MLB office care what people outside that office think of the proposed changes.  If they want to do it they will. 

The only reason they're considering these changes is because of what people outside that office think...and are squawking about.

Buncha morans thinking shortening the games by 4 minutes is gonna make a difference.....

Make no mistake I'm indifferent on the RP rule.  Mostly because Gabes micromanaging of his pen drives me nuts is why I'm even considering the change as possibly favorable.  The DH is coming sooner or later whether NL fans like it or not.  Not a fan of that.  I like the game within the game.  

Keep the pitchers on the mound.

Keep the batters in the box. Baseball

is slow. Its why many don't like the game.

I enjoy relaxing and watching. As a Phils

fan, im interested to c if Hoskins is going

to turn out to be more than an average 1st

basemen.

19 hours ago, SlackTideBri said:

What's Harper's agent looking for these days? 250-300mil? 

The Washington Post reported in September that the Nationals offered Bryce a 10-year, $300 million deal, but told Boras that A) it was their last offer, and B) it was only going to be on the table for a short time. Mike Rizzo has for years been constructing a contingency plan for life after Harper, and this was the Nats' last, best offer: they told Boras that if he didn't take it, they were moving on.

Boras turned them down. But now there's zero chance -- zero -- that Harper gets as much as $300 mil now. In fact, at this point it wouldn't shock me if he takes a one-year deal with the Nats, for something like $30 million, only so he can fire Boras and do the whole thing over again next year. If he does sign a long-term deal, I think it will be closer to $200 million than to $300 million, and there's even a chance it could be under $200 mil.

This would not be the first time that Boras screwed up, by the way. Last year, he said that Jake Arrieta was going to get $200 or $250 million -- and Arrieta's signing with the Phillies was a total surrender: he signed that 3-year, $75 million deal because it was his best offer. It's looking to me that Boras has screwed up Harper too, all by misreading a market that has changed drastically in just a few years.

I hope the Phillies sign Harper, but only if they can get him relatively cheap, for under $225 million or so. Any higher than that, let someone else have him. He's good, but he ain't that good.

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.