yukon

SURF DAY 2019 - Saturday February 16th

Rate this topic

114 posts in this topic

22 mins ago, lureman said:

NO, lol, i think its more ,the guys who buy and bought the GRS,have driven, the price up,, Then turn around , and sell them for also twice of the retail they payed, so can't blame Gary so much,....

gary could charge 85 a plug and still sell out at all his shows.

58 mins ago, lureman said:

NO, lol, i think its more ,the guys who buy and bought the GRS,have driven, the price up,, Then turn around , and sell them for also twice of the retail they payed, so can't blame Gary so much,....

You are absolutely right it is not Gary's fault. It's supply and demand and the demand for GRS is greater than the supply which allows a builder to raise prices. If guys were not flipping them so frequently we may still be able to get one for $35. The market for GRS is pretty transparent but for Fixter not as much. Mike generally prices his plugs based on how much work goes into them and he was very concerned about his prices. He wanted them to be fair but also wanted to make sure he was in-line with what other builders were getting.

My first time, I thought it was great. I have to mark the time on my calendar for next year and not spend money before the show. I got there around 10:00. It was crowded, but I didn't think it was bad. 

Next year I will pick up a Rac-A-Rod, I was glad to be able to see them in person. Would have loved to pick up some of those striped bass pictures too for my man cave. I was surprised Lamiglas didn't bring blanks to sell, but I guess that they did that for the vendors that sell their rods.

It seemed to me the vendors were all able to spend time talking to people. I was glad to see Surcasters there also. I subscribe to them and enjoy their videos.

I was glad to see (we don't promote or discuss them here) from Point Pleasant. I didn't know about his business until I went to the show. I like building my own stuff. The plugs were great, but I would be afraid to loose them fishing. I intend to start making my own. This way if I loose one I won't feel so bad and if someone finds one they will just throw it back and I might find it in the high water mark!

I am sorry I couldn't spend all day there. I wanted to see the John Skinner and Pikie build seminars, but I had to leave early. Next time it will be an all day affair for me.

2 hours ago, MorningWood said:

What does he charge at the shows? I thought he was already pretty close to $85 for some of them.

I think it depends on the plug and the colors. I know his slim mediums are 65 because that's all I buy. I think his trollers are around 85. 

On 2/16/2019 at 10:43 PM, MorningWood said:

Some more show photos.

P1200479.JPG

I know those fish! ;)

Thanks to anyone who bought some stuff from me, it's always nice when I get to meet and talk to the people who enjoy my art, vs selling stuff online...

It was my first time down there, it was a great show for sure, especially for a one day event.

I'll be back next year.

18 mins ago, lonellr said:

Great time at Surf Day this year. Got to see some friends and not spend too much money!

0ABFE9FE-DB06-4504-9604-187F03A235AE.jpeg

those Fixter nikes are sweet , surprised to see so many left to sell, same for the darters, and am certainly  glad to have picked up an eelskin, coming soon to a jetty near you :)