yukon

SURF DAY 2019 - Saturday February 16th

Rate this topic

118 posts in this topic

Here's an official press release about Surfday.

Saturday is one of the biggest days of the year for you if you have interest in surfcasting. Surf Day is a day strictly committed to the surfcaster. It has vendors selling surfcasting related products, it has a full schedule of seminars going on constantly throughout the day. I like the fact that you can go and talk to vendors, plugbuilders, bag builders, rod builders, reel reps, you can ask questions about specific things, it is a great time to network. Specifically talking to plugbuilders about how to work certain plugs, what they had in mind for certain plugs when they designed them. 

I want to point out that the Grand Prize Drawing looks really good this year. You buy chances to win something like one of 12 great grand prizes, what I am trying to say is a ticket gives you a chance to win of of 12 or more prizes, to me that seems like a good thing!! Check out the raffle table at the show. 

Here are the Surf Day details: 
Where: Brookdale Community College in Lincroft, NJ, exit 109 off Parkway.
When: From 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Tip-get there early, the line can be long).
COST: a meager $10.

Always a good show but used to be better. But then some scumbag asshats had to go and ruin it for everyone. Just like access to spots get lost.

Rule #1 should be, don't be a dick. :howdy:

Enjoy. Last day of NJ hunting.

1 hour ago, MadHat said:

Anyone know how this show compares to the one in Toms River few weeks back in terms of venders etc..?  TY

This is THE show to attend.  It's not at all unusual for guys come down from Maine and Massachussets for it.  If you can only go to one show all year this is the one to get to.  

I wont be able to attend but Fixter plugs are some of the best plugs I have ever used. I used to get them back in the day at the shows. I know folks collect his plugs because of the amazing craftsmanship but they are big fish catchers too. If you never tried one you are missing out

I was trying to find a vendor list, but I couldn't locate one. Anybody know if Jamie of flatlander will have a table? I'm looking to pick up a back bay bag (I have a wtb thread in the bst), but if I can I'd be happy to grab a new bag direct from him.

42 mins ago, chitala383 said:

I was trying to find a vendor list, but I couldn't locate one. Anybody know if Jamie of flatlander will have a table? I'm looking to pick up a back bay bag (I have a wtb thread in the bst), but if I can I'd be happy to grab a new bag direct from him.

Flatlander Surfcasting is on the vendor list for Surfday.

1 hour ago, chitala383 said:

I'm curious if he will have any bags for sale. I talked to him at the ct show a few weeks back and he has a 6 month backlog of work. He told me he could work 24/7 for the next 6 months and still not run out of work. 

5 hours ago, Dan Tinman said:

This is THE show to attend.  It's not at all unusual for guys come down from Maine and Massachussets for it.  If you can only go to one show all year this is the one to get to.  

What dan said^^^^^^^^^^