oldschool77

Looking for heavy duty lanyard coil for surfcasting pic for attention

Rate this topic

63 posts in this topic

I know I can't post links and stuff or advertise but found these for cheap on the auction site. $14-$18 shipped a pop and typically used as a kayak leash. They come a bit smaller at 9 inches 4 foot length but I went with the 14 inches 9 footer to see. Variety of colors,some high vis stuff as well. I'll report back when they arrive. Bought the nebula color because heck, I don't fish during the day lol. Thanks all for the input, as a kayaker I should have thought of this sooner. 

Screenshot_20190209-103727_eBay.jpg

4 hours ago, oldschool77 said:

I know I can't post links and stuff or advertise but found these for cheap on the auction site. $14-$18 shipped a pop and typically used as a kayak leash. They come a bit smaller at 9 inches 4 foot length but I went with the 14 inches 9 footer to see. Variety of colors,some high vis stuff as well. I'll report back when they arrive. Bought the nebula color because heck, I don't fish during the day lol. Thanks all for the input, as a kayaker I should have thought of this sooner. 

Screenshot_20190209-103727_eBay.jpg

Was just going to suggest these!!

I ditched the tiny plastic buckle clip on mine, but I’ve been using a pair of the longest ones as safety lines for my spoon rods in my outrodders for several years now!! Still look brand new!

18 mins ago, JerseyBros said:

Was just going to suggest these!!

I ditched the tiny plastic buckle clip on mine, but I’ve been using a pair of the longest ones as safety lines for my spoon rods in my outrodders for several years now!! Still look brand new!

I hear you! 

Past years I have done the phone cord thing, dragontail thing etc and they just didn't last or the elastic doubled over and tangled. These seem like the best ballance of size weight length and durability 

On 2/8/2019 at 5:11 PM, oldschool77 said:

Definitely like a kayak leash. Picking some up today 

Just came across this in Reel Seat.

FCCC4146-4CC8-4C8F-BE42-ACA38EB19A2E.jpeg

On 2/7/2019 at 3:57 PM, cheech said:

The charger/ handset stuff I’ve used breaks down at the crimp eventually, and those small red, green and yellow wires show up!

6ED13486-6494-447F-A7E8-4EC1C9881047.jpeg

sweet knife!

8 mins ago, Striper46 said:

Just came across this in Reel Seat.

FCCC4146-4CC8-4C8F-BE42-ACA38EB19A2E.jpeg

Isn't that for clipping to reels?   So they don't fly out of holders?   Little much don't ya think?

1 hour ago, oldschool77 said:

How long, width and weight if you might know? 

“DFP Leashes are made from 12 feet of tightly coiled extremely UV resistant 4.0mm Monofilament with a breaking strength well over 1000 pounds. Each is equipped with super strong Stainless Steel Snaps on both ends.”

straight from their website

7 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Isn't that for clipping to reels?   So they don't fly out of holders?   Little much don't ya think?

It was about half the size of the Tony Maja ones...they had them too. Overkill yes for sure, did u see the original pic in what he’s looking for? Lol 

6 hours ago, oldschool77 said:

How long, width and weight if you might know? 

Sorry Not sure but u would probably wanna swap out those big caribiners