MakoMike

Anyone going to the fishing show at Mohegan Sun?

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Yeah i think I'm going to wait for Rhode Island Show . I will be buying $hit i don't need anyway you look at it . Drinks and "Oh that Looks Cool " 

The CT Outdoor Expo is small and peppered with home improvement crap, truck sales, and trinket salesmen.  Yes, you'll likely see the usual larger regional plug manufacturers, maybe a custom guy or two, but mostly travel booths, solar power, pocket-weasel and hot sauce salesmen.  Not worth $12, not even $5 admission but if you're jonesing for something to do it's better than beating your face with a hammer.

Edited by H'Islander

Went there today and it was pretty much as expected. Tackle direct and some other larger retailers were there peddling their goods, nomad was there and had their stuff marked down 10% but still expensive stuff. It was still cool to have the option to look at and purchase their full range of lures in person (I picked myself up a deadly little 105 mm 1.3 oz riptide for when small bait is around). RB Plugworks had some cool looking stuff. There were some booths varying really high end nano rods, oti is there, S&S bucktails was there and had some good deals, tackle deals had an interesting mush mash of custom painted stuff. All in all it was ok but obviously nowhere near the Providence show coming up in March. I wouldn’t drive too far for it but if you want a way to spend an hour or two why not?.

The highlight for me was getting the chance to play around with the Tsunami Salt X prototypes and talk to the rep there. It really seems like a lot of thought is going into the R&D and they said they won’t be releasing them until they’re perfect (hence the delay). They have been tested while reeling under water to determine what tolerances/level of tightness will keep water out while trying to minimize the cranking resistance from the seals. The 4000 felt really tight but the 6000 was much less so (and I’m curious as to why... the handle arms are almost the same length). I’m anticipating their official release.

747E15B3-BC0D-4EDB-8736-E3FE40F92354.jpeg

For anybody going tomorrow that’s interested in the SaltX, please ask about the warranty service center that’s supposed to get set up, it’d be much appreciated and I forgot to ask about it. That’s a big hanging point for me and a lot of other people (will there be replacement parts or factory return services available)?

Edited by Shane_O

I went yesterday.  Waited forever in line to buy a ticket...one cashier?  And then finally two?  It wasn't even close to the RISAA show but I wasn't expecting that either.  Saw a good presentation by Dave Pickering.  Got to talk with a few vendors so I definitely got information that I needed.  I bought a few lures.  Some manufacturers and tackle stores were represented.  Would I go again?...probably.  I would figure next year they would be better organized. It was a nice break from the winter.