clopes

OTW eliminates weight ins...

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

As someone else mentioned it’s not catch and release it’s just measure and no weigh slips. There’s nothing in the wording about having to release, I think they might be pushing towards it because the team weigh tourney is down to only like 6-7 teams, so maybe they are doing this in hopes of an enrollment boost

It makes sense to move towards a C&R only tourney, but how do you prove someone released a fish?  Pictures of them releasing it?  Think of how many new phones Verizon and Sprint would sell when folks drop theirs down in the rocks at the canal!?

This could actually have an interesting effect.  If one goes by length alone, a 50 lb fish is often not much longer than say a 40lb fish at around 50 inches, etc... this could make competition a bit closer between teams that maybe don't have access to fish stocks like show up off of block island, etc.  Perhaps even a shore based team of proficient anglers could compete?

I actually stopped entering in to the striper cup because of this. Perhaps now I will enter back in this year. 

You cannot prove if someone released their fish but the influence is there to and there is no tournament reason for them to keep their fish. 

On 2/6/2019 at 6:48 PM, tunez33 said:

On 2/6/2019 at 6:48 PM, tunez33 said:
On 2/6/2019 at 6:26 PM, b-ware said:

Hasn't the C&R been part of the tournament for several years???????????

It has and had its own prize pool, it was always just who ever released the most inches of bass based on submitting 5 per week.

Actually 3 fish. It was also supposedly random drawing, # of inches = number of chances of winning.

Been doing it the last couple years, just for fun. I rarely keep fish. I fish from a Kayak, on my own. Makes it tough to get a good picture. measuring the fish can be tough.