Sandflee

Mountain Lion Attack

Rate this topic

80 posts in this topic

anyone see the article about the jogger in Colorado, was attached by a young (80lb) cougar and ended up choking it to death, seems that is one animal that will attack with being instigated or threatened 

A man was running by himself Monday in the Horsetooth Mountain Open Space near Fort Collins, Colorado, when he heard something behind him. When he turned around, an 80-pound mountain lion attacked him, Colorado Parks and Wildlife officials said.
The young lion bit the runner's face and wrist but he managed to break free and kill the lion in self-defense, the agency said.
A necropsy confirmed the animal was suffocated, officials said Tuesday. The lion, which was less than a year old, tested negative for rabies,

16 mins ago, Sandflee said:

anyone see the article about the jogger in Colorado, was attached by a young (80lb) cougar and ended up choking it to death, seems that is one animal that will attack with being instigated or threatened 

A man was running by himself Monday in the Horsetooth Mountain Open Space near Fort Collins, Colorado, when he heard something behind him. When he turned around, an 80-pound mountain lion attacked him, Colorado Parks and Wildlife officials said.
The young lion bit the runner's face and wrist but he managed to break free and kill the lion in self-defense, the agency said.
A necropsy confirmed the animal was suffocated, officials said Tuesday. The lion, which was less than a year old, tested negative for rabies,

joe rogan?

Just now, Sandflee said:

He’s in Cali but could prob punt that thing to Colorado 

I mean did you see it on his social media. i saw it there. He says he carries a knife in case of those mountain lions. I looked it up and apparently they are around the same size as an african one. This particular lion was a juvenile. I'm sure if it was full grown it wouldn't of had a happy ending.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I can't imagine how you choke an 80# cat without getting shredded or gutted. Ever try and restrain a housecat that wasn't having it?  But Pumas are nowhere near as big as African Lions, the biggest are less than half the size of the smallest African.

http://www.bigcats.com/cat-species-weight-comparison

Edited by gellfex

27 mins ago, gellfex said:

I can't imagine how you choke an 80# cat without getting shredded or gutted. Ever try and restrain a housecat that wasn't having it?  But Pumas are nowhere near as big as African Lions, the biggest are less than half the size of the smallest African.

Yep, but they're badass.  Guy was extremely lucky to choke out even a young 80 pounder. Where was the GoPro when you need it?

30 mins ago, gellfex said:

ah you're right my bad