Angler #1

Oysters

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I had decided to not go this morning to gather oysters, until my young friend called and tell me that we will have plenty of time to gather them . WE arrive down at the location and the tide is so far out I was seeing channels and all of the beds are complete out of the water. I am dragging my board, rake and basket and no water to float the board. It made no difference the tide had left the water so far out that all you had to do was reach down and put them in the basket . Now that is what I call lazy mans fishing , done in 10 minutes and back to the truck for the ride back home. The size mix was better doing it this way as you can see more of the 3 inch guys along with the giants . A good mixture and the Natural resource officer was all smiles and once again very helpful to this old guy. I saw several just walking in cutoffs picking them up and for sure it is a great fishery for one and all.

24 mins ago, oldgoat said:

Hey!! A1  You could sell them an buy hot dogs fer your kids.

Peter my recreational permit does not include selling them. I will leave that up to those who have paid the extra price to sell them and also the hard  work they do to extract them from the commercial area by boats.

2 hours ago, pogie_boy said:

I should have gone this morning.   I'll be there on Saturday :)

For the first time One could be selective in what they put in the basket , Just looking down, bending over , measuring it and then in the basket . Love it when its warm like it has been and so much was uncovered and just sitting makes for a short time on the water. We spent less time fishing then we did just driving in one direction