cashews121

License?

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

Does Massachusetts have any type of Marine Registry like we have in NY,,or any type of Saltwater permits to fish there? Anything needed to fish the Canal?

1 hour ago, ged said:

$10 and the permit is good in MA/RI/CT

For Massachusetts non-residents, the MA license is NOT reciprocal with RI and CT. 

3 mins ago, Steve in Mass said:

For Massachusetts non-residents, the MA license is NOT reciprocal with RI and CT. 

Interesting. I guess that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, troutworm said:

Over 60 free,under 60 $10-

A  lot of people think that a "free" license means you don't have to get one which is wrong, you still have to obtain a license but you don't have to pay the ten bucks...………….but you still have to pay the service fee...………….

16 mins ago, b-ware said:

A  lot of people think that a "free" license means you don't have to get one which is wrong, you still have to obtain a license but you don't have to pay the ten bucks...………….but you still have to pay the service fee...………….

No service fee if you obtain it at a DMF location.

18 mins ago, b-ware said:

If any one who is a resident of mass and over 60 where the it is free, if you call the number I originally posted here , you will not be charged any handling fee. Since they have began the salt water license, they use an outside vendor and that is where you will pay a service fee. I get both fresh and salt water sent to me in the mail and also on my computer. I have not paid once for this service by the Mass Division of Salt Water when I renew . Try it Bernie :howdy:  

14 mins ago, Joe G said:

No service fee if you obtain it at a DMF location.

I should have mentioned that Joe, you can also get your permit at the Sportsmens Shows free of the service fees...…………….  Fresh Water Fishing and Hunting licenses are also available at the shows directly from the State F&G without service fees...………...