Bfishes333

Boot leather conditioner recommendation?

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Thanks for the recommendations so far guys. You've given me a few more to look into and possibly order. I'll probably test out on old wallets or belts first. I don't want to darken the leather just keeping healthy and prevent it from cracking 

I repair and restore/recondition baseball gloves. Have been using this for years as well as on my boots. Used to use mink oil until I came down one morning to find one of the dogs had mangled a newly conditioned mit. Tried this stuff and never looked back. 

02733FCE-8E38-40C9-9872-1D3260163344.jpeg

20 hours ago, iceberg57 said:

I repair and restore/recondition baseball gloves. Have been using this for years as well as on my boots. Used to use mink oil until I came down one morning to find one of the dogs had mangled a newly conditioned mit. Tried this stuff and never looked back. 

02733FCE-8E38-40C9-9872-1D3260163344.jpeg

What do you recommend for break in of new gloves.  I have been either using the same jug of Rawlings mitt oil I have had since 1984, or the nokona conditioner my son bought, but it doesn’t seem to help with break in. 

On 2/7/2019 at 0:08 PM, buckmaster said:

What do you recommend for break in of new gloves.  I have been either using the same jug of Rawlings mitt oil I have had since 1984, or the nokona conditioner my son bought, but it doesn’t seem to help with break in. 

That’s a whole conversation in itself, but we don’t want to derail this thread. In short breaking in is just that, plenty of play time. Chemicals enhancing the process is not good for the glove some times. Some things will make the glove a bit more supple during the process but really wont speed it up. Refrain from using oil if you can, weighs the glove down and doesn’t last long. Try a little Vaseline let it dry a few hours and buff it out a bit. Should help, but try Not to use too much as it can get greasy. Feel free to pm me if you have more questions