Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishhappy

FS-Abu 6500 CS Mag Green

16 posts in this topic

For sale is a Abu Mag 6500 CS. The brake plate is from a 6500 BG. The handle is a green power handle. The drags are new Carbontex. The price is $115.00 to your door, CONUS, USPS priority.

E0CFFE85-C67E-4559-B4BB-10DD31C1905E.jpeg

AC9584E8-45BB-4D25-AA3B-12BAF2DE796B.jpeg

6BFAA3C5-110B-4910-988B-69AD25EC04B5.jpeg

EC0D8D5B-E7AE-4967-A5E3-EBCE56DB1347.jpeg

It’s the way I got it. New handle, new green right side plate, new drags, cleaned.

21 mins ago, speedwell said:

Why the change in the brake plate? Any difference in the configuration?

Just been a while since I worked on a BG. By "brake plate" I always assume the platform that the post and the main gear/drag stack is on as well as all the pinion gear/ spool release kit. Are you simply referring to the green side plate?

12 mins ago, speedwell said:

Just been a while since I worked on a BG. By "brake plate" I always assume the platform that the post and the main gear/drag stack is on as well as all the pinion gear/ spool release kit. Are you simply referring to the green side plate?

Yes the brake plate with pinion and post for the main gear. 

On 2/10/2019 at 7:27 PM, speedwell said:

Why the change in the brake plate? Any difference in the configuration?

There is no difference in configuration, the plate fits a wide variety of reels, probably about 178 models use this plate. The only difference is that this one is black and not silver, or green. Just the color.

I have built reels with a whole lot more spare bits in them so no biggy - just could not remember BG config. Have a Frankenreel that has one red/one blue side plate and was converted from slide swich line out alarm to slide switch Mag . Anyway - no orange 5K - interested in a trade involving a Violet 5600C4? Google "Abu Australian Pro" and look at the fishusa entry, there are not a lot of these. Reel is new in box so would need some extra from your end. We have dealt before - way back - still have your address in my fish book. Fighting a nasty head old so slow to respond.

Regards

Puck

DSCN0036.JPG

2 mins ago, speedwell said:

I have built reels with a whole lot more spare bits in them so no biggy - just could not remember BG config. Have a Frankenreel that has one red/one blue side plate and was converted from slide swich line out alarm to slide switch Mag . Anyway - no orange 5K - interested in a trade involving a Violet 5600C4? Google "Abu Australian Pro" and look at the fishusa entry, there are not a lot of these. Reel is new in box so would need some extra from your end. We have dealt before - way back - still have your address in my fish book. Fighting a nasty head old so slow to respond.

Regards

Puck

DSCN0036.JPG

I am interested I would Box it for my daughter.

4 hours ago, speedwell said:

Regards

Puck

DSCN0036.JPG

What else what you be interested in? If you are interested without trading, you could make an offer. If I am shipping out east instead of Canada I am sure it could work.

OK, don't need anything in trade, thinning the herd but mags are always useful. Send me $50 Paypal and you can ship the Mag to Plymouth MA and i will ship the Aussy Pro (Miss Violet) to you. It comes with a very pretty violet custom handle I got from Simon Shimomura (that was $20 plus)  - see below - reel was originally going to be my daughters until I finally hunted down a Pink 6500 Kustom.

Regards

Puck

Getting over the sinus thing but it seems I will be blowing snow for the next few days (driveway 120ft by 20)

DSCN0035.JPG

DSCN0039.JPG

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0