fatbikerjoe

LMTV as a beach buggy

26 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, G8trwood said:

17,000 lbs, If you stick it that would be a heck of a wrecker bill, unless you brought your tank too ;)

Nice point.  :eek:

Posted (edited) · Report post

Here in Ocean County, there are a lot of Seniors that move here from NYC, Northern NJ or Philly to retire.  Sometimes their remarks, vis-à-vis my truck can be really annoying, especially when you've been fishing all night and just want a cup of coffee for the ride home. I can just imagine the remarks I would get driving a UNI-MOG, not that one is likely legal for IBSP anyway...

0803171758.jpg

Edited by FlatWing

These things get 16 mpg diesel on the highway.  I personally don't think the cool factor is worth the cost of ownership and the hassle.  Probably better off just getting a 2500 series pickup and a truck camper.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:15 PM, yosco said:

Do the annoying people ask u about the

100 stickers on your truck? Looka me Looka me

Looka me....Don't looka me.

Although your supposition is way off, it does gives interesting insight as to how certain people are torqued by the most innocuous things.  Yours is actually one question I have never received.  Most often, the motivation for approaching me is their curiosity about the number and variety of poles on the roof.  Honestly, I can see the layman's point of view, if I remember back 42+years ago, when I new nothing about surf fishing, and would also have felt that a person only needed one pole for any possible surf fishing one might do.  The annoyance on my part is in the nature of the inquisition.  For example (and there are many)  "I'm curious as to why you have so many poles" is much more palatable than "do you think you have enough poles?".

1 hour ago, FlatWing said:

Although your supposition is way off, it does gives interesting insight as to how certain people are torqued by the most innocuous things.  Yours is actually one question I have never received.  Most often, the motivation for approaching me is their curiosity about the number and variety of poles on the roof.  Honestly, I can see the layman's point of view, if I remember back 42+years ago, when I new nothing about surf fishing, and would also have felt that a person only needed one pole for any possible surf fishing one might do.  The annoyance on my part is in the nature of the inquisition.  For example (and there are many)  "I'm curious as to why you have so many poles" is much more palatable than "do you think you have enough poles?".

Youre a riot. I can see you ,the grizzled ol'salt, 

staggering into starbucks after your exhausting

bootcamp like night of fishing. And here are these

annoying bennies firing idiotic questions and trying

to get a quick autograph. Don't they understand what

u have just been thru? Don't they realize that u have to

b up at the crack of noon tomorrow because Grumps is

having a free sticker give away!!

I have found getting my cup a joe(black,of course) at

a drive thru shields me from these useless fatbodies.

Give it a shot. Salt Life Forever!

2 hours ago, yosco said:

Youre a riot. I can see you ,the grizzled ol'salt, 

staggering into starbucks after your exhausting

bootcamp like night of fishing. And here are these

annoying bennies firing idiotic questions and trying

to get a quick autograph. Don't they understand what

u have just been thru? Don't they realize that u have to

b up at the crack of noon tomorrow because Grumps is

having a free sticker give away!!

I have found getting my cup a joe(black,of course) at

a drive thru shields me from these useless fatbodies.

Give it a shot. Salt Life Forever!

Starbucks?  I've never in my life bought a Starbucks.  Drive thru's here are Dunkin Doughnuts, and the bitterness of their coffee gives me flashbacks to U.S. Navy Carrier decks at 2 o'clock in the morning (where black coffee was the only option). After 32 years in the DoN, Engineering Carriers, and being a permanently disabled Retiree, I somehow feel I've earned the right to WaWa or Quick Check Coffee with cream and sugar.  Also, as I am on 30+ pills day, I am an insomniac who  actually does sleep from 6 or 7 AM till noon or 1pm every day, even in Winter. So fishing from midnight till dawn is the norm, not a Boot Camp like experience at all. Good call on Grumpys though - Bob just gave me a free Mudhole sticker when I bought guides for my 5th rod rehab for my friend Al, who still fishes and is turning 80 this September. Right now I'm working on his Fenwick Fenglass PS120.

1 hour ago, FlatWing said:

Starbucks?  I've never in my life bought a Starbucks.  Drive thru's here are Dunkin Doughnuts, and the bitterness of their coffee gives me flashbacks to U.S. Navy Carrier decks at 2 o'clock in the morning (where black coffee was the only option). After 32 years in the DoN, Engineering Carriers, and being a permanently disabled Retiree, I somehow feel I've earned the right to WaWa or Quick Check Coffee with cream and sugar.  Also, as I am on 30+ pills day, I am an insomniac who  actually does sleep from 6 or 7 AM till noon or 1pm every day, even in Winter. So fishing from midnight till dawn is the norm, not a Boot Camp like experience at all. Good call on Grumpys though - Bob just gave me a free Mudhole sticker when I bought guides for my 5th rod rehab for my friend Al, who still fishes and is turning 80 this September. Right now I'm working on his Fenwick Fenglass PS120.

Thanks for your service to our country.

Good luck this spring.

Max tires on New York State Beach is 33x12.5 doesn’t make sense to me why you would need to limit the height as  it’s the with that contacts the sand and causes the erosion.