robc22

As the river goes.......

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

4 mins ago, Deep Hole said:

Never mind the damage they have spread through residential areas. 

You'll never hear me say beaver don't damage human stuff.

Different conversation. 

The beaver comment is just plain silly.  The migratory fish and resident fish lived forever with beavers.  Humans caused the problem.  Dams, pollution, over fishing and now the warming of the earth.  There is an excellent book called "The President's Salmon" or something close to that which chronicles the demise of atlantics in maine.  But nearly any migratory fish has suffered the same problems. 

10 hours ago, mikez2 said:

Nothing Maine does justifies the elver fishery. Unsustainable in its legal form, the crooked side has the potential to be devestating. Too much $$$$$, too poacher friendly. 

Just my opinion. 

Really........:dismay:

The connection to climate change, at least in my area (SE Connecticut) A lot of the money for these projects come from funding that was given out after sandy/Irene hurricane years. Taking the dams out allows the local small rivers to flow freely and hopefully not flood as bad as they did.

I wish the quinpoxet river could be use for spawning salmon. But from a previous thread, there are to much contaminants behind the dam in the silt. 
It amazes me the difference between the NY fishery and the MA fishery. I caught a legitimate Atlantic Salmon last fall in a river up there. Seen a few more that day as well.