Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy 40

The NERBs Gathering recap

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Introduction session, followed by a 3 hour presentation, Q&A and Show & Tell on Decorative Wraps & then another couple of hours on Decorative GRips. I had the group around me soaking in everything I was explaining for 6 hours. FOr $25 and "sacrificing" a Saturday they got: breakfast sandwiches, bagels which were awesome, Panera cinnamon rolls, lasagne, chicken sliders, pasta salad, pernil, rice & beans, cheesecake tarts, soda, beer, bourbon/scotch/cognac. In addition to an overload of information that took hundreds of rods and tens of thousands of hours spent at the bench to figure out.

51097646_2227611573950213_5590950248521400320_o.jpg

IMG_0806.JPG

IMG_0809.JPG

Big thanks to Mike Garone for spending several hours with a new builder yesterday and getting him pointed in the right direction. All the regular NERBs who always help out with sidebar questions and demos that is really appreciated as well - at every event that we do. You guys take a lot of pressure off me during the day, and allow me to spend 3 hours going into depth on one individual topic, while someone not interested can go off on the side and get individual attention which I am unable to provide them with.
Thank you all

Every year we do one in Chicago (we're up to 12 years now), and in the summer I do one in Park Falls at my cabin (this will be the 3rd year) while I'm on vacation. Space is limited, so the only way to get in is for someone to cancel out of their spot and for me to fill it from someone on the waiting list. SAme thing with Florida, I have an event scheduled there in MAy which has no pen spots and 8 people on the waiting list already.