cashews121

Trout Nuggets

32 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, JoeGBreezy said:

You can catch trout in those "tubes" with woolybuggers. Not the most exciting fishing scene. Crush your barbs. Be aware that those locations are really small and if you are not the first one you are generally done. Don't trip over the poachers.

Are you talking jig or fly?

3 mins ago, cashews121 said:

Are you talking jig or fly?

Jigs only 1 time and flies more than a few. I have been lucky enough to be the only one there almost every time I went. Fished mostly weighted nymphs.

16 mins ago, JoeGBreezy said:

Jigs only 1 time and flies more than a few. I have been lucky enough to be the only one there almost every time I went. Fished mostly weighted nymphs.

I’ll be using spinning,,what do you think I need ? I have a 6ft crappie stick ,was thinking of using that.

1 hour ago, cashews121 said:

I’ll be using spinning,,what do you think I need ? I have a 6ft crappie stick ,was thinking of using that.

That should be more than sufficient. I use a st croix triumph ultralight and some other big box special I bought for like $20. They're trout, not tarpon lol. Soft stick, light line and dont set the hook like a big eye tuna haha.

4 mins ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

That should be more than sufficient. I use a st croix triumph ultralight and some other big box special I bought for like $20. They're trout, not tarpon lol. Soft stick, light line and dont set the hook like a big eye tuna haha.

Well I have seen the pics of 5-7 lbs taken there,,so I figured ultra light might be a bit soft

2 hours ago, Ducer22s said:

Wouldn’t recommend them if you plan on releasing the fish successfully. I like gold spoons or spinners 

Don’t know if spoons or spinners can be used in the tubes

1 hour ago, cashews121 said:

Don’t know if spoons or spinners can be used in the tubes

Sure you can... castmasters and spinners..

But it didnt produce anything ... 

20 mins ago, vce12342000 said:

I use a G-Loomis 5.5 ft with a shimano stella 1000. has been bullet proof. Pulled in many 6-7 lb trout with ease

Really!! ..? I have caught Browns that size in Kensico,,never used a setup that light,,they ran like hell! 

12 mins ago, cashews121 said:

Really!! ..? I have caught Browns that size in Kensico,,never used a setup that light,,they ran like hell! 

The picture of the brown was caught up in the W. Branch Upper Delaware about 3 years ago. The rainbow was a stockie caught @ a semi local river in NJ. Here's the best part. I was using 3lb braid line to catch :eek:....:laugh:. The biggest brown I caught so far has been this one. It was 24 inch's. The largest rainbow was 25 inch's  

20170610_125223(0).jpg

014.jpg

4 mins ago, vce12342000 said:

The picture of the brown was caught up in the W. Branch Upper Delaware about 3 years ago. The rainbow was a stockie caught @ a semi local river in NJ. Here's the best part. I was using 3lb braid line to catch :eek:....:laugh:. The biggest brown I caught so far has been this one. It was 24 inch's. The largest rainbow was 25 inch's  

20170610_125223(0).jpg

014.jpg

Do you fish the spot I am talking about?

19 mins ago, cashews121 said:

Do you fish the spot I am talking about?

I know the location for that res. I have a NYDEP pass. But never got around to fish it. I was under the impression that you need a exclusive registered row boat to really get to the spots that produce. Shoreline kinda sux from what I was told. So I never went. 

1 hour ago, vce12342000 said:

I know the location for that res. I have a NYDEP pass. But never got around to fish it. I was under the impression that you need a exclusive registered row boat to really get to the spots that produce. Shoreline kinda sux from what I was told. So I never went. 

I mean the other place in Suffolk with the tubes