Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jason colby

Annual Old Geezer Quincy Flounder Trip

Rate this topic

63 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

I will have to hug Jason as well and he is not a huggable guy if you know what I mean:howdy:

HEY! Captains have feelings too ya know....

We had a much stronger flounder showing today as compared to the past couple of weeks so by Monday they should be chewing very well. This will be the best "Old Geezer Trip" yet!

050919stack.JPG

050919pat.JPG

050919mark.JPG

On 5/7/2019 at 6:20 PM, oldgoat said:

I'm going to miss you guys and you too HFG.

CATCH A GOOD TIME!!!

Hear hear,,,,Pete. 

Can't we oil up a wheelbarrow and toss you in it,,,,

Today was cold and uncomfortable. I had out three "very experienced fishermen" including a guy who hunts and ice fishes all winter. He quit after about an hour as he was too cold (especially his hands) to deal with it. The rain was adding to his misery and the bite was definitely "off". Tomorrow it will be even worse so I'm postponing this event until May 27th. I spoke to the participants and all can make the re-arrangement except Carl. Perhaps the 27th will be OK for Old Goat?

Will keep you all updated...

18 hours ago, jason colby said:

Today was cold and uncomfortable. I had out three "very experienced fishermen" including a guy who hunts and ice fishes all winter. He quit after about an hour as he was too cold (especially his hands) to deal with it. The rain was adding to his misery and the bite was definitely "off". Tomorrow it will be even worse so I'm postponing this event until May 27th. I spoke to the participants and all can make the re-arrangement except Carl. Perhaps the 27th will be OK for Old Goat?

Will keep you all updated...

Jason at times thing just occur for no reason and some times other wise . Unfortunately I was asked by my post to be the Grand Marshal  for  Memorial Day, which I am honored to do . So if another day can be worked out I will look forward to that call and a most gracious skipper

Perhaps I'm screwing the pooch here but this trip is ON! 

I look forward to seeing all you Old Geezers (and HFG) on Monday morning.

The bite has been pretty good with "limits" the norm at this point....

(See that I had ZZ out on Wednesday and his double header)

052219ed.JPG

OK, so things did not go "perfectly"! There were NO OLD GEEZERS, only Hilary (64) and Armindo (71) and then me (61). Carl, Pete, Santa, Russ and all were absent for one reason or another but we did catch some fish! 46 to be exact though we were looking for 48 to have the full boat limit. Still not too bad for a four hour trip (and a good time was had by all)…..

052719tina.JPG

052719hfg.JPG

I finally got a morning off (out there at noon today) and I'm catching up with bills, emails and stuff. In my house I've been making flounder a few ways but an easy favorite is :

1. Pre-heat oven to 400F

2. Spread 1 tbsp. olive oil on baking dish and lay fillets on top (add salt/pepper if you like)

3. In a large mixing bowl put one cup each of panko crumbs and parmigiana cheese and 1/2 cup of olive oil. Mix well and cover fish.

4. Bake 11 minutes (no more) and serve! 

052919ralphcrab.JPG