troutworm

Today's otw tv show,2/3

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Thanks for the heads up !   I got a look at the show ahead of time.   Should be a good one and provide solid info on how-to local kingfish.   

Hey, I know that spot!  :wave:  Great job Terry on that informative episode!  I hope it becomes a regular bite.

I disagree with OTW's Nebreski on the small King Mackerel table fare. It's fantastic table fare!  It's an Old Bay Seasoning and grill type of fish for me.  It's one of my favorite. I learned from the Southern Folks if you want a more mild taste, soak the steaks in Sprite. I do agree with about smoking but I do that for the larger ones.

I watched this show live from the beach last summer! It was a treat watching those fish catapult themselves into the air as if Poseidon himself was throwing javelins.

But after an hour of just watching I couldn’t contain myself when they started showing 100 yds off the sand. I grabbed the rod and casted for 5 minutes when the lifeguards came to shut me down. I told the first to go get the head lifeguard just to buy me a few more casts. I was in a full blown argument with him as you guys (or some other bay boat with a trolling motor two anglers and a camera man) were literally casting into the “swimming area” and hooking up! Lol

I have the kayak for this next season, so I’ll be ready if there is a repeat performance.

That was us.    The fat lifeguard girl was a mess.   We were 105 yards off the beach.   (I checked with GPS)   She wouldn't stop her foolish hollering about "100 yards"       Alls well that ends well.  ;)

Hey if I may digress for a moment while everyone is focused on the kings;

Does anyone know the long range history of kings in that area?

I can't recall hearing about it in my lifetime. 

man I really wish I had the chance to get some kings! I would love to catch one. They must be a blast!  Hopefully for another good run this year 

Really cool show!   Real happy with OTW's programming in the last few seasons.    Great information for a species that is somewhat unknown to most New England anglers.    Kudo's!!!!  :th:

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hey Terry- great show, looks like a fun fish I haven't caught. Guesses on whether they'll be here in 2019?

Steve

Edited by cbchurch

Full episode is available on Youtube. Not sure if that's what Tim axed so I'm not going to link it.

Hope they keep up with having them available on the Tube. My TV provider (Dish Network) doesn't carry Comcast Sports Boston. Miss these shows, a lot more than the Celtics games.  :D