Slowwwride

February 2019 fishing reports!

Rate this topic

71 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, chitala383 said:

Only a little over a week to go! I'm counting down the days. Who's planning on hitting the bay on March 1st? I might get out there just to get out, depending on the weather.

Been too long fellas. Hoping to get out there and raise a few in March. Always has been tricky, but hey, it's the top of the 1st in a 9 inning game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fishless said:

My buddy will be out there.  I'll wait to hear how he does.  :laugh:

Ill be out on that day as well...planning to catch 20......1 will suffice...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been having a lot of fun with yellow perch and pickerel in a lake here in South Jersey the past two weeks on a floated minnow. Then yesterday the crappie kicked in big time. Only person out there on all four days. 

IMG_1538.JPG.c98b66aa126e2803d4970a319fa4b189.JPG

 

IMG_1541.JPG.bee27a5deb29ab2594bd2f8080e91a84.JPG

 

IMG_1561.JPG.1c71e97eddc4383d88961bc76fb78714.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DoorGunner said:

Been having a lot of fun with yellow perch and pickerel in a lake here in South Jersey the past two weeks on a floated minnow. Then yesterday the crappie kicked in big time. Only person out there on all four days. 

IMG_1538.JPG.c98b66aa126e2803d4970a319fa4b189.JPG

 

IMG_1541.JPG.bee27a5deb29ab2594bd2f8080e91a84.JPG

 

IMG_1561.JPG.1c71e97eddc4383d88961bc76fb78714.JPG

 

Nice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

did some ice fishing, as usual the bumbs couldn't keep up. I caught this fish dropped the mic and walked off the ice. 20190208_101117.jpg.a7344459c7123fdd3d6b773213d9992e.jpg

Edited by crazybellringer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crushing the Crappie this morn on the slip jig n gulp! Right as the snow hit the Bass turned on. Must of had over 20 Crappie 5 small Bass and 1 Pickerel in the snow made my day! Gonna be a good spring,saw my 1st Red Wing Black Bird already! Love my 8’ Crappie Maxx Pro rod By BPS! The thing is a blast! Highly recommend it!!

ADD60227-A90D-41DA-BCDE-FB4862B8C004.jpeg

B3FC7214-CE68-4A9A-8FAD-18858A10F344.jpeg

8FA02AE4-BDDF-4168-BB50-9CE755DAA869.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, libertyminded said:

Crushing the Crappie this morn on the slip jig n gulp! Right as the snow hit the Bass turned on. Must of had over 20 Crappie 5 small Bass and 1 Pickerel in the snow made my day! Gonna be a good spring,saw my 1st Red Wing Black Bird already! Love my 8’ Crappie Maxx Pro rod By BPS! The thing is a blast! Highly recommend it!!

ADD60227-A90D-41DA-BCDE-FB4862B8C004.jpeg

B3FC7214-CE68-4A9A-8FAD-18858A10F344.jpeg

8FA02AE4-BDDF-4168-BB50-9CE755DAA869.jpeg

Beautiful color on that crappie on the ground

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice fish @libertyminded. I need to get back into fishing the sweet water. When I lived out in bound brook I used to hit the south branch of the Raritan whenever I could. Since I moved down to Middletown 6 years ago I think I've been freshwater fishing twice. Honestly, I don't even know where to go around here. If anyone wants a freshwater fishing buddy give me a shout! Haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, chitala383 said:

Nice fish @libertyminded. I need to get back into fishing the sweet water. When I lived out in bound brook I used to hit the south branch of the Raritan whenever I could. Since I moved down to Middletown 6 years ago I think I've been freshwater fishing twice. Honestly, I don't even know where to go around here. If anyone wants a freshwater fishing buddy give me a shout! Haha.

Feel free to join me but I warn ya I have no idea what I'm doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 mins ago, chitala383 said:

Nice fish @libertyminded. I need to get back into fishing the sweet water. When I lived out in bound brook I used to hit the south branch of the Raritan whenever I could. Since I moved down to Middletown 6 years ago I think I've been freshwater fishing twice. Honestly, I don't even know where to go around here. If anyone wants a freshwater fishing buddy give me a shout! Haha.

Manasquan reservoir is pretty good. Might not be that far from you. I used to do a lot of freshwater before I got into the saltwater game. Haven't had too much of an itch to get back into it although ice fishing has intrigued me. I'm not far at all from the reservoir and I could hit it but with March right around the corner I'm saving my energy and gearing up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks guys, yeah those fish all had that ultra violate green color to them! Reminded me of early spring racer Blues that look green! The bite was on fire this morning, I saw the barometric pressure dropping and went for it, love fishing in the snow. I'll give ya a hint, think deep pine barrens..

DBE58FC0-EC31-4C17-8B2E-279C5603C511.jpeg

Edited by libertyminded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, libertyminded said:

think deep pine barrons

Yeah that's too far for me. But in the piney area, I used to date a girl who lived in forked River. There's a flooded quarry a short walking distance from her house that's chock full of large mouth. Over there it's not fishing, it's catching. I haven't been there in probably close to 10 years though. I should check it out again sometime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.