Slowwwride

February 2019 fishing reports!

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Quoting the January 2019 thread

"The bays, rivers, and inlets are closed. You know perch aren’t going to hit a mag darter so don’t start. Get your saltwater registry. 

Post only the county you caught fish from and share any info and photos that will help others and not give that away. "

2/2/2019

Slow day out back today. Managed two little white perch before the school moved by. Caught both on shrimp. Temperature was supposed to rise today but it did not seem like it . The wind picked up as I had my fill of standing around freezing my walnuts off. HUGE ice chunks floating by. Tackle came in the mail today so that's rad. Otter tails, bucktails, teaser flies

Heading out tomorrow, Sunday in OC. Going to throw Lots of gear I bought for a trip to Aruba last week that I got skunked on. Heard of some schoolies out front near me prior to the cold air. Really just want to scratch the itch that seems to never go away. 

Beautiful day to get out and do some fishing.  Went out with my little guy and hit a couple of the local freshwater spots.  Only one of them had fishable non-frozen water and after 90 minutes of trying, I accepted the skunk and we headed home.  Not a total loss because I had some nice quality time with the boy.

Super low tides got me out today to walk and check out the beach. Really have the itch to get back out there after seeing all the troughs and soft structure around the jetties. 5-6 more weeks, 10 degrees of ocean temp. Officially counting down now!!

Late report from earlier today, got the skunk with no perch willing to take my baited rods with worms I harvested recently in the yard area. The schools I've been picking at must've moved up river.... or down idk. Caught two nice pieces of driftwood and a plastic bag. Still a good amount of ice drifting down the river making the bait and wait rods being annoying.to tend to. Man I miss the surf.

Only a little over a week to go! I'm counting down the days. Who's planning on hitting the bay on March 1st? I might get out there just to get out, depending on the weather.

32 mins ago, chitala383 said:

Only a little over a week to go! I'm counting down the days. Who's planning on hitting the bay on March 1st? I might get out there just to get out, depending on the weather.

My buddy will be out there.  I'll wait to hear how he does.  :laugh: