Question about no knead bread

Rate this topic

KWolf

If I'm following a recipe that calls for leaving the dough in a warm place to rise...is it ok to have shredded cheese in it. Say for 12 hours. Also, my flour had some little bugs in it. Looked like big fleas. What are they? I threw it out of course

Probably weevils of some sort. Check other grains, flours, meals,cereals in your pantry.  They’ll migrate to all that kind of stuff.   

I think you can add cheese before the rise.  Might knock out too much air working it in later. 

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black

Little bugs = 90% flour with a crunchy coating, leave them in for added texture :th: 

Any society that charges it's own children for knowledge, is doomed to fail.

Whilst intelligence is not affected by geography, it is influenced by education, opportunity and drive.   

Now is the time to change our attitude towards blues, next year may well be too late (Somebody listened :th: )
Member of the Yellow Eyed Devils
May you never have to fish to live, rather live to fish.

On 2/1/2019 at 8:43 PM, KWolf said:

If I'm following a recipe that calls for leaving the dough in a warm place to rise...is it ok to have shredded cheese in it. Say for 12 hours. Also, my flour had some little bugs in it. Looked like big fleas. What are they? I threw it out of course

Could be moth larva; but you would have seen that right away

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd

21 hours ago, Fly By Nite said:

That bread appears way more dense than a no kneed should be. If you do it right it'll be pretty light and airy with big holes. You should keep your flour in sealed containers or all sorts of critters may wind up in the bag.

tips for big holes? I commonly have a problem getting 'em

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd