Frugal Fisherman

Ryan Hickey's lures

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

On 1/31/2019 at 7:17 PM, Frugal Fisherman said:

I'm wondering if any of y'all have fished lures made by Ryan Hickey and if so, what are your thoughts on his lures?

Not personally but some nice looking work for sure...cool color schemes

On 1/31/2019 at 7:17 PM, Frugal Fisherman said:

I'm wondering if any of y'all have fished lures made by Ryan Hickey and if so, what are your thoughts on his lures?

I’ve got a few of his pikies from a couple years ago, solid plugs, swim great with a wake on top.  Seems like he’s one of the “hot” builders these days. 

I gotta give em a more honest shot I’ve been bad about putting different plugs in rotation the last few years. Can’t get myself to throw anything but a Doc, GRS giant, or a 9” Shad.

4 hours ago, bbfish said:

Seems like he’s one of the “hot” builders these days. 

It's funny, i found out about his lures through skateboarding. He used to be a pro. 

On 2/3/2019 at 8:12 PM, ChewyBrigantine said:

Thats a nice collection do you use them or just collect? 

That's the Ryan Hickey collection from his \.$+@:#%@£ account...Neither are my photos

I can guarantee you that they don't catch anymore fish than 100 different builder's plugs. They may catch a few more fishermen these days but not fish. I'm not criticizing his work it looks very nice. But you are fooling yourself to think you need a Hickey plug to catch bass.

Im the builder of those plugs . Im not one of these guys who just started building and is selling pretty paint . I only sell 4 styles of plugs and every design is tested for a few seasons on its fish catching ability .. I have been building for over ten years and have had many fish in the 40's caught on my plugs the biggest being 52# ..

1 hour ago, MorningWood said:

I can guarantee you that they don't catch anymore fish than 100 different builder's plugs. They may catch a few more fishermen these days but not fish. I'm not criticizing his work it looks very nice. But you are fooling yourself to think you need a Hickey plug to catch bass.

you have obviously never fished one 

1 min ago, extreme fisherman said:

you have obviously never fished one 

I have not because they are too hard to come by. Care to send me a few to prove me wrong?;)